2 | Aspen

Once we'd finished at dinner, Newt showed me to the homestead where everyone stays. He lead me down past all the hammocks thag the other boys stayed on.

"You'll be staying here seeing Alby and I don't trust those shanks quite yet.." He trailed off and opened a door to a small room with a bed, and a chair. Simple but what else did I really need?

"It's technically my room...but you can have it."

"I don't want to take your room newt!"

"No it's okay, I can sleep in a hammock or on the chair."

"Newt"

"Yes?" He smiled a devilish smile.

"Ugh . Thank you." I smiled back and sat on the bed, the fabric was nice, smooth like silk.

"would you like a shower? before the party?"

"That's be nice" I laughed

"Right this way."

Newt showed me to a small bathroom area with two makeshift showers, Newt showed me how the system worked to make the water come on, it was extremely cold but what else could I expect?

"I'll be right out here if you need me." He smiled and stepped outside the door, I could see that he never moved. His blonde head never left my sight, I smiled to myself and started my ice shower.

After I got out I put on the same clothes seeing that's all I had to chose from, and opened the door. I must've pulled harder than I thought because Newt fell onto his back and got the breath knocked out of him.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I dropped down to one knee making sure he was okay.

"Damn Greenie.." He laughed...and coughed.

"Sorry" I giggled back.

"The least you could do is help me up!" He raised his hands up and smiled.

I took his hands and helped pull him up, he did most the work but we were standing chest to chest, well more of my chest to the bottom of his chest. For living in a forest he smelled seemingly great. Newt cleared his throat broke me out of my thoughts.

"Everyone's waiting for you, we should get to the party, you're the guest of honor after all." I felt the smile in his voice.

"Yea! Right of course!" I smiled and we walked out into the glade. There was a huge fire going, people talking and laughing, Thomas and Minho showing off, and Gally was fighting people with a crowd. He loved the attention.

"Wow." I said in a bit of shock.

"I know, Gally's punches suck" Newt smiles at me.

"Well yes, but that's not what I was talking about, I meant this is....amazing!"

"All for the greenie," He nudged me playfully.
"Ah! Frypan! Can we have those?" He pointed to two jars of some sort of liquid.

"Uhm sure!" Frypan smiled and handed them over. "good luck" he mouthed.

"What are these?" I asked taking one.

"Thommy! Minho!" Newt called showing the containers, the boys came running eagerly.

"What is going on? Are you poisoning me?"
I laughed.

"No!! Just drink it!" They said in unison.

I took a drink of the mystery beverage, and immediately hated it. It was all things terrible. I managed to choke it down nonetheless.

"Ew! What is this" I coughed.