Chapter 7: Kill every last one of them

As Yhidawach left the border of the Ivy Kingdom safely, with only a few days left before he comes back to Mary, the ruler of the Ivy Kingdom, Rozen wondered how his assassination attempt failed. The warm meal he received was poisoned, yet it didn't affect Yhidawach in the slightest. And he had hoped to nip the flower of the Empire in the bud before it could bloom, alas, fate was not on his side.

Yhidawach hadn't noticed the attempt on his life, nor did he care at this point. He simply rode through the Empire, heading towards Zimrest, eager to rest his head on Mary's lap.

He rode through the gates of Zimrest to find the courtyard strangely filled to the brim with the locals, he led Jacob to the stables and found a position in the crowd where he could see what was going on.

The people were muttering about an execution, even they don't know the reason but it seems the Slash Emperor was going to carry it out himself.

This should be interesting, you don't often see the Slash Emperor himself dealing the punishment...

The woman was brought out and forced onto the chopping block.

Long silver hair, violet eyes... Yhidawach's world froze, his heart did not beat, his breath halted.

The Slash Emperor was speaking the woman's crimes, her murders of the three women who bore a knight's children, but Yhidawach couldn't hear it. The Slash Emperor looked over the crowd, relieved having not seen Yhidawach among it... He hadn't recognized him.

He lifted his great-sword high...

Mary made eye contact with Yhidawach and mouthed something to him.

Next to Yhidawach a woman with long black hair and green eyes stood.

She lightly grasped the armored man's hand, getting his attention.

Looking into his eyes through his helmet she said "Kill every last one of them."

The sword was brought down, and Mary's head rolled on the ground, her lifeless body fell limply on the ground, like a puppet whose strings were abruptly cut.

Something broke inside that armor.

Kill

Every

Last

One

Of

Them

Those words were ringing inside his head, great anger burst out of the man.

Yhidawach unsheathed Omen and stabbed it into the woman that grabbed his arm, the cheers of a successful execution quickly turned into screams of fear and panic as Yhidawach began cutting soldier and woman alike.

The soldier tending to the stables wondered why the war horse that was calmly enjoying his feed suddenly became angry and violently ended his life with his hooves, galloping away into the ground whilst foaming at the mouth. That soldier's eyes never shut.

The Slash Emperor had seen Yhidawach and finally recognized him, slaughtering the crowd. "Moritz, Cedrick! With me! Vayne, Thorn! Deal with that monster." He ordered, retreating into the castle with his elite knights.

Jacob made it to Yhidawach, who jumped on him the moment he saw his steed. The two massacred the soldiers and their wives in droves.

Sir Vayne and sir Thorne mounted their own horses and charged at the mad Yhidawach.

Yhidawach had been burdened by the sin of killing Belderion and the knight from the Ivy Kingdom... and now he was shouldering the burden of hundreds more as he cut, trampled, crushed and brutalized his way through the people of the Empire.