Epilogue

A child's first cry is heard as it leaves its mother's womb.

"A beautiful boy! Honey, I can't believe it! We have a son!"

The husband grabbed his wife's hand and she clenched it tight, the pain was all worth it. Her water broke and she couldn't make it to the hospital, but somehow both of them pulled through.

Their neighbor, an old woman, helped deliver the child.

She was calling an ambulance right now, after handing the baby boy to his mother.

"What'll we call him Arioch?" The husband asked the short haired woman.

"Adam. We'll call him Adam."

The faint sound of sirens was heard in the distance, coming ever closer, but that didn't matter to the young mother, she couldn't take her eyes off the sweet little thing breathing right next to her.

The crying was silenced instantly, as soon as his mother took him.

...

The man sitting on the Throne watched and bore a faded smile on his lips.

A small amount of satisfaction was clear on his face.

He watched six girls play at the park, posing as knights while trees took the role of dragons. One of them was very much a clean freak, another was very aggressive. Then the third would come and mediate. The boys that lived there called them "The Crimson Blades"

He watched a woman with absurdly long hair struggle to brush it all but stubbornly working away, while her brother ran into the room, announcing the news.

"Nada! Our sister had a baby!"

He watched a large man sail about on the ocean waters both still and raging. He watched the priest talk of the beauty of angel's wings, while a nun with green eyes snickered behind him saying.

"There he goes again."

He watched as a beautiful man courted many fine ladies and was being chased by them when they inevitably found out the truth.

He watched as the woman most suited for espionage sated her curiosity by rummaging through her boss' office.

He watched a man very dedicated to living the primitive hunter's life fulfill that dream to its fullest. He had a large bearded man who visited him often and went on hunts with him at times, though he preferred to use guns.

He watched a young man play a tabletop game with his muscular friend. A prince of wizards and a Minotaur barbarian...

He watched a scientist spend hours upon hours in his lab, trying to create new life forms out of rocks.

He watched a zoo-keeper wrestle playfully with a white tiger he raised since it was a cub.

The man on the Throne watched it all. The good and the bad.

The odd prayer that came his way from those he watched made him chuckle. He never answered those prayers, he never involved himself at all.

He just waited.