Special Chapter Three

Lea was on her way to Aga’s residence. She doesn’t know what to feel, masaya ba kasi finally they could be able to have a reunion? Malungkot ba, kasi ito ang una niyang minahal? Matatakot ba, kasi may possibility na may mangyaring hindi maganda?

She was really hesitant to go inside or to press  the doorbell. Hindi niya maiintindihan kung bakit. She was afraid, happy, sad, hurt somehow. It has been 16 years since their mentor died. It has been 16 years since they saw each other, it has been 16 years since she blocked his effort. It has been 16 years.

“Lea.” She heard a familiar voice. She looked into the direction where she heard the voice and she saw a woman who was almost on her age and she smiled.

“Charlene.” She smiled and shed a tear for a moment. Because, she was remembered what happened exact 16 years ago.

“I expected you to come.” Sabi naman ni Charlene at niyakap niya ito. Lea doesn't know how to react because they never had a conversation. They really never interact with each other. She only knows her face and name but not the personality.

“I see, I bumped into your daughter and gave me the tagline.” She said and she was shy because this was the first time to talk to her.

“I know. We didn’t tell him that you’ll come. Because, he might have a false hope at makasama pa sa condition niya.” Sabi ni Charlene. While saying those words, there’s a crack on Charlene’s voice.

“Ha? What happened to him?” Pagtatakang tanong ni Lea.

“Go and see yourself.” Sabi naman ni Charlene and inakbayan niya si Lea papunta sa kuwarto kung saan nag-stay si Aga.

“That is his room. You can go inside.” Sabi naman nito at nakangiti. Lea was a bit confused. Charlene knows about their past. Pero, ang pinagtataka nito ay bakit hinahayaan niyang mag-kita sila ng asawa niya?

“Cha, before you leave, I’d have to ask you something.” Sabi naman nito at kinakabahan.

“What is it?” sabi naman ni Charlene kay Lea habang nakatingin sa kanya.

“Why are you letting me? Knowing for a fact that you knew our past. Why are you letting me?” sabi naman niya with all confusion. Charlene just smiled before she spoke.

“He really loves you, Lea. He really does. I knew it from that moment that we got married. I knew it from that moment I got pregnant. I knew it from the moment that we’ve been together for 16 years. Hindi ka nawala sa puso niya, Lea. He loves me, he loves his family. But wala ng papantay sa pagmamahal na meron siya sa’yo. I guess, if we’re in another life, he will change. I guess, if he didn’t make me pregnant, you guys will be meant to be. I just want him to be happy for the last days of his life, he has been longing for your presence. And don’t worry, we accepted that fact. There’s nothing to worry about. Like I say, We still are not complete, because we don’t have you. You belong to our family. By the love that you have for Aga and Carmen, we’ve been very happy. Lei, you helped us through a lot. Sapat na ang labing-anim na taon para mag-dusa kayo pareho. It’s time to bring back every piece of the love that you have for each other. Or at least, the friendship that you have.” She smiled one last time before she walked away. Lea couldn't stop crying. Because she knew in her heart that she still had the love for her long lost best friend. Or should I say, to her the one that got away.

As Charlene walked downstairs, huminga siya ng malalim dahil ito na ang matagal niyang hinihintay. She slowly opened the door and she saw Aga na nakatalikod at nasa balcony. Naka-wheelchair ito at he really lost weight.

Nakatingin ito sa hangin at langit na para bang ang lalim ng iniisip. Aga felt that someone opened his door without his permission. He was about to get mad until he saw a familiar woman. He looked at that woman, and then suddenly his heart starts beating so fast na halos hindi niya ito mahabol. He removed his glasses and pinunasan ang luhang tumutulo sa kanya. Kasabay naman ng naglalakad si Agnes papunta sa direction ni Aga.

At from the moment, Aga realized na isa lang ang nakakapag-patibok ng puso niya. Si LEA.

Pumunta sila sa may Balcony at umupo doon sa may couch si Lea katabi ni Aga na naka-wheel chair.

“Hi.” Ayan lang ang nasabe ni Lea kay Aga.

“B-babes.” Sabi naman nito habang umiiyak.

“Kamusta?” Sabi naman ni Lea while looking at Aga’s direction. While si Aga naman, nakatingin lang si langit.

“Mabuti naman. I heard you and Rob are happy.” Sabi naman nito na hindi mapigilan ang luha.

“H-he was a nice guy. Alam mo, katulad mo siya. Maasikaso, maalaga, mapagmahal, malaki ang respeto sa akin.” Sabi naman niya kay Aga.

“You’re happy, aren’t you?” Sabi naman ni Aga sa kanya.

“Y-yes.” Sabi naman ni Lea na pinipigilan na din ang luha.

“Ayun lang ang gusto kong marinig. Ayun lang ang gusto kong mangyari na ang pinakamamahal ko, masaya na. I’m ready, ready na ako.” Sabi naman ni Aga sa kanya. Lea couldn’t stop herself from crying while she was hearing Aga’s voice. She really missed that much. And sa pagkakataong ito, nanghihinayang siya sa mga taong sinayang nila.

“A-aga, I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry kung iniwasan kita, binaliwala ang efforts mo. You have no idea how hard was na iniiwasan ka. You became part of my world but suddenly I had to shut you down and close the book. I’m really sorry.” Sabi naman ni Lea na umiiyak.

“Shhhh. Babes, it’s okay. It’s really okay. Hindi ko kayang magalit sa’yo, but you helped me from afar, from that moment na iniiwasan mo ako, I closed our book as well. Napagod kasi ako makisuyo, mag-effort. Pero, walang oras, walang araw na hindi kita naaalala. I said, it was okay. I know, and I understand why you had to do that. Kasi gusto mo akong mag-focus sa anak ko’t asawa ko. It’s okay, you’re forgiven. And now, I’m ready.” Sabi naman nito at niyakap niya si Lea na umiiyak. Sa kabilang banda, nararamdaman na ni Aga ang panghihina ng kanyang katawan.

“B-babes, please don’t die. We still need you.” Sabi naman ni Lea and now, she’s ready. She’s ready to start all over without what if’s and paghihinayang.

“I can’t, babes. But probably, in another life, I’ll wait for you there. And doon, we’ll be together, tayo ang bida, tayo ang nagkatuluyan, sa kabilang buhay, ikaw ang asawa ko. At for sure, in another life, IKAW PA RIN ANG MAHAL KO.” Sabi naman niya at umiiyak na silang dalawa parehas. They don’t even notice that Charlene and Carmen were watching them.

“At least, we made Daddy happy to have his babes.” Sabi naman ni Carmen habang umiiyak na rin ito.

“Yes, we made him happy. Lea was his and still happiness after all.” Charlene didn’t get jealous at all. Simula pa lang ng nag-sama sila, tanggap na niyang nag-pakasal sila because Lea told them to do so.

“B-babes.” Ayan na lang ang nasabe ni Lea at si Aga naman ay nakangiti lang.

“For the last time Babes, you still made me happy. You found me, for sure, you’ll find me once you reach our ANOTHER LIFE.” Sabi naman ni Aga na nakangiti lang at ni-lean niya ang shoulder niya kay Lea.

Lea was just silent and couldn’t stop crying. She really has to accept the fact that his best friend will soon leave their world.

“Lumaban lang talaga ako kasi nagbabakasakali ako na magkikita tayo ulit. And, we did. At ngayon, okay na ako. I’m ready, magpapahinga na ako, Babes. For the last time, In another life, I’d make you stay and I will love you the same as 16 years ago.” Ayan ang huling narinig niya sa bibig ni Aga.

He held Lea’s hands for the last time pero onti-onti na itong kumakalas. And she thought, he already left the world.

“It will always be you, Babes. It has been and will always be you.” For the last time, Lea kissed Aga’s chick while crying. Probably, IN ANOTHER LIFE, THEY WILL BE TOGETHER.

Makalipas ang maraming taon, naninibago si Lea sa mundong kinagagalawan niya, hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit, hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit iba ang mundong kinagagalawan niya.

Masasaya ang tao, nagkakasundo, walang may mga sakit, kahit ang mga bata ay masayang nagdiriwang.

Until she heard a familiar voice.

“Babes.” Sabi naman niya at tumingin si Lea sa direction kung saan niya narinig ang boses na ‘yun.

“Y-you’re here.” Sabi naman ni Lea sa kanya.

“Babes, nandito tayo sa kabilang mundo. Kung saan walang hadlang, kung saan walang away. At kung saan tayo’y magkakatuluyan. From this time Babes, no one could take us apart. Walang what if’s, walang could’ve been, should’ve been. Ngayon, maninirahan tayo ng tahimik at buong ligaya.”

Sabi naman ni Aga at napangiti lang si Lea. Lea knew that moment kung nasaan siya. Dahil nilisan na rin pala niya ang mundong dati niyang ginagalawan.