Stupid Somalia

Okay sorry it's a lil late but I decided to save the one I'd been working on until after this one because the next one is 2 parts. P.S. the title is just Ben being grumpy, not actually stupid Somalia, because I love it irl.

Airport
DC
2:30 PM
Saturday
August 30th

Ben's POV:
It was finally time.

After 18 months, it was time.

My girlfriend had been selected for a top secret mission. She'd be going undercover in Somalia to take down a massive arms/drug ring. She wouldn't come home unless she completed her mission, was in immediate danger, or a body bag. Wasn't very consoling, as you presume.

I pleaded the CIA to let me go.

But they wouldn't. Only said they couldn't and it would be too risky to send in the two best agents they had. So they chose the top one and called it good. I asked to be her partner, denied, backup, denied, commsman, denied.

18 months ago she'd left and we'd had to talk only via phone. And even that was pushing it.

I missed her greatly and I didn't even have missions to distract myself because they thought I'd be distracted and- oh, yeah, now I hear it.

But anyways, she took them all down two days ago and was sent home. This was the first time I would see her after 18 months of FaceTime and the occasional game pigeon.

Stupid Somalia. Had to have drug and arms dealers so she had to go.

I basically flew to the airport early this morning.

She had to fly on public airlines because she couldn't bring her CIA badge to keep her cover in case they went through her stuff or patted her down. So she only had things that her alias might have. Along with weapons and jumpsuits of course ;)

But it'd been so long since I'd seen her so I was there bright and early.

I was waiting outside her gate since her flight took off from Somalia. It's been 15 hours I kid you not. Maybe I got a little too excited.

Mike came to sit with me around the 10 hour mark since he knew I was bored and lonely.

I spent the literal first 10 hours thinking about all our fun memories and how much I loved her.

I was so lucky to have her in my life.

I took naps and played games with Mike until I saw she'd be there in about 15 minutes.

I was wearing some blue ripped jeans and a green tank top that looked like the sleeves had been torn off. I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair again.

Mike walked in on me with my hands on the sides of my head and my head down.

"Ben? Bro calm down. She loves you. It'll be okay man."

"Okay, but what if she doesn't?"

"Seriously Ben you need to stop worrying dude."

"Well you know this is a big day for me. And her I hope."

"I do."

"So you understand why I'm worried?"

"I mean yeah, but don't be. You're 26. She's 28."

"And?"

"Have faith in her. Y'all have been dating for 14 years."

"Well yeah but..."

"If she didn't love you, she wouldn't have stayed with you for 14 years. Or even considered dating you, since she was the Ice Queen. Until you came along of course. Since then she's been a happier person. Of course she loves you."

"You really think so?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"Huh?"

He pointed to the gate as a woman with raven black hair and ice blue eyes walked out. She looked around curiously and smiled when she saw me.

She was my beautiful girlfriend, Erica Hale.

I ran to her and threw my arms around her.

"I missed you so much E."

"I missed you too Ben."

She buried her head in my chest as we rocked back and forth.

"Aw baby it's okay, don't cry. I'm here now." She said as I started to cry.

I felt my shirt grow wet as tears of her own into my shoulder.

I sniffled and looked down.

"It's just... I missed being together and holding you."

"Me too."

"Let's grab your bags."

I put my arm around her and the other into my pocket. I rolled a small object around in my hand as we started to walk to the luggage check when I I "tripped" ;)

Her face was confused as she started to help me up, then froze questioningly.

I fell but caught myself on one knee. I pulled the object out of my pocket. A ring.

I looked straight into her eyes.

"Erica it was so awful without you. I missed you everyday. I have loved you since you tackled me 14 years ago. I know now that I need you. Every day. I need you in my life. I want to spend every day with you for the rest of my life. Will you please marry me?"

Her face lit up as I said it and she nodded.

I hopped up and picked her up, spinning her around.

She was blushing and tears were rolling down her face.

I set her down so I could grab her suitcase when she jumped on my back like a koala. I tried to shake her off but she wouldn't budge so I shrugged and walked to the car. I set her down so she could get in and I threw her bags in the back. I hopped in the car and we drove home to celebrate with our friends and our dog Mav.

I turned on the radio and heard 18 by 1D playing. I smiled as I looked at her.

I got a heart and I got a soul
Believe me I will use them both
We made a start
Be it a false one, I know
Baby, I don't want to feel alone
So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground
I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved, to be in love
All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18
We took a chance
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine
So pour me a drink, oh love,
Let's split the night wide open and we'll see everything
We can live in love in slow motion, motion, motion
So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground
I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms are made for holding you, ooh
And I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18
When we were 18
Oh lord, when we were 18
Kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground
I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
And I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18

"I love you Erica."

"I love you more."

Whew! Sorry it's a little late but hope you enjoyed!