Chapter 7 (The Talk)

(Italy)

"We have to talk."

Those words rang through my ears. My lips went dry and I didn't know what to say. "Vee~ Germany. What do you want to talk about?" I tried to sound normal, but by the look he gave me, I guessed it didn't work that well. "It's about the whole situation we are in. You and I..... we wanted to spend our lifes together, until the very end. Then came the war and we got seperated for centuries. So, what I want to know is: What are your feelings for me, after all this time?", he said, while his blue eyes looked right into mine. I began to blush like one of Spain's tomatoes at this. Then I walked to one of the chairs in front of Germany's desk and sat down. He still looked at me with this frown. "Vee~ Germany, so straightforward. After you left, I was very sad, yes. But I got over it after some time. Fratello took very good care of me! Then you came back, as Germany, and we became friends. You were always so kind and caring with me. Sometimes you are rather harsh too, but you always do this because you want the best for everyone. I really do like this side of you.
I really, really like you Doitsu.", I admitted and averted my glance. I was so embarrassed at this moment, which normally never happens. "I'm sorry Italy, but I can't return these feelings. The person you fell in love with isn't me. I'm not your Holy Rome, not anymore. I changed and that's why it wouldn't work out.", he stated, looking at me with a dejected expression. I felt how my heart started aching at the words. I now did what I wanted to prevent.... losing him again. I talked back at him: "Germany! You can't say something like that! I-I heard what you said to Romano! Why, Why won't you admit it.... *sob* why?" I felt how my eyes watered. Vee~ Just what is Doitsu doing to me? "It isn't easy, Italia. The only reason you may 'love' me is because I once was the Holy Roman Empire. It's not that I don't believe in your feelings, it's that I think you may not feel them for me, Germany, but for the person that was gone a long while ago.", he explained to me in a soft voice. I understand what he means now! I got up from where I sat and stared in Germany's eyes. "Germany. I will show you, how serious I am! Vee~ You'll see!" I stormed self confidently out of his office, just before he could react, and looked for a way to proof my love.

Yay, another chapter XD
Hope you like it!
Bye <3