Chapter 8 (The reason)

And like that, Italy tried everything to proof his love. He made Germany small gifts like flowers or pasta with wurst. He also trained a lot more, than normal, to impress Germany.... yet Germany didn't seem to be completely convinced that Italy's feelings are completely genuine.
Weeks have passed and the Italian didn't know what to do anymore. Lost in thoughts, he walked through the streets of Berlin, where he'd stayed for the past few months. While Italy walked along the streets he recognized something, or someone. It was Prussia whom he saw, with... Germany! A smile spread across the boy's lips as he ran towards the two brothers. Suddenly he stopped as he heard what they were talking about. It wasn't a friendly talk. "Germany, it was the only right solution!! You must believe the awesome me!", Prussia stated with a smirk. Germany didn't seem that amused. "Stop with that smirk! You know there have been more than plenty of other options, even letting me die would've been one! Yet you chose to be a selfish bastard and bring me back to life! You knew exactly what side effects the spell had! Why couldn't you just let me die, right then, when I had the chance to?!", Germany yelled, grabbing a hold of his brothers jacket. Italy was shocked, letting Germany die? He was afraid. Prussia's smirk faded as he pushed the German's fists aside and spoke: "Yeah, maybe I was a 'selfish bastard', that didn't want to feel the pain of losing you, no matter the cost! Yes, I admit that, but I won't apologize. *sigh* Look, I gave you the chance to start a new nation, a new life..... perhaps with Italy. Why don't you take the chance, hm?"  Germany grunted angrily. "It isn't that easy, Bruder. Italy and I... we still have that bond, yes. But I am scared.... what if there will be another war, where I lose him again. I don't want him to go through all that pain again. You should've heard Romano. The last few years had been a burning hell for Italy, he said. I don't want to hurt him again like that." While saying this, small tears had formed in the normally so mature male. Italy on the other hand, was really happy to hear those words. It showed that it wasn't that Germany didn't believe him and that he still genuinely cared for the brunette. Italy decided that it would be the best, to leave his hiding spot and confront them. "G-Germany.", he whispered. The two men looked at the Italian in shock. "How much have you overheard, Italia?", Germany asked, looking right into his face. "Enough. Vee~ Germany, you really think it much about others..." "Well, if you excuse me? I have an important meeting with my Birdy Canada.... so see you." The Pussian said as he took the leave. "Germany, you don't want to hurt me, do you?", Italy asked grinning. Germany shook his head. "Good, you know Germany? The only way you can possibly break my heart is rejecting me, though I am really important to you. So please, don't be scared and think about you! Be a selfish bastardo! Yes, be a bit like your brother, just for once! And listen to you heart." Germany felt the heat raising to his cheeks. He isn't used to that cheesy stuff at all. But Italy had a point, he had to admit. Germany did something unexpected then. He let out a laughter. "Doitsu! Why are you laughing! Not that I mind, but I don't quite understand!", Itlay asked confused. The blond patted the brunette head as he looked at him again, still smiling. "It's alright, Italien. I am just happy, that's all. You are right Italia, I have to listen to my heart and that's exactly what I will to." Germany bent down at Italy's height and placed a soft kiss on Italy's lips. The Italian's eyes widened, shocked. It reminded him of the goodbye kiss HRE gave him, a long time ago. Their lips parted and Italy still stood there frozen. The other nation turned around and slowly walked away, which took Italy out if his trance. Was Germany leaving him again, this time for good? No, that wasn't it. Germany looked over his shoulder. "Italy, are you coming?", he asked smiling. He put out his hand, gesturing Italy to grab it. And it didn't took Italy as long as thought to take the chance and grab Germany's hand.

"Germany?" "What is it, Italia?" "What is your answer? I mean.... do you feel the same way as I?"
Germany didn't answer, yet he gave Italy's hand a small squeeze and his smile never disappeared. This alone was answer enough for Italy to understand.

Yes- his answer was yes.

Holy potato, that was the last chapter, I guess. I know it may be kind if rushed, but I really have a lack of new ideas. Please spare me😅😅 However, I hope you liked it! It was really fun to write this fanfiction XD
Maybe I write a few one shots connected to them. Like a PruCan oneshot? Or a happy after story of Gerita?
I don't know🤣
Last but not least, thank all of you for reading this story😆 Thank!!!

Well, good bye and see you ❤👋👋

Update 2024: Well, yeah, see you, hello!

This was way weirder than I could have anticipated😀  My, oh, my...