Chapter 8

He wanted to scream oh so loudly and pull his hair out of his head. He wondered what the hell had he just witnessed. Not only was there a body covered with blood on the floor- No, to be more specific, there was a bloodied body on her floor.

He wanted to scream even more when he had managed to recognize the person who was laying on the floor as he slowly approached the body while forcefully swallowing the lump that formed on his throat down.

Just what the hell was going on?

.

Somethings not right with her...

The ducks had suddenly seemed much more interesting to him at that moment, it was because he was doing his job. Though, in reality he was just trying his best to avoid looking at the woman right next to him.

Everything about her was just so damned alluring, ranging from her scent to her looks, and her eyes... Those oh so beautiful amethyst coloured eyes looked very tired at that moment. And her usual light coloured skin was even more pale at that moment.

He'd like to think that it was because of the lighting, but that wouldn't have just made any sense at all. No, there was something that she was hiding from him as much as it pains him to say or yet alone think about.

"Kochou." he began nervously, saying her surname now had felt extremely weird as he was now used to calling her by her first name.

"What is it?" she replied in a tired tone which was unknown to her, but he had definitely realized the change in tone from their previous conversation. She seemed as if she was out of breath.

"I'll ask you one last time, and I want you to answer me honestly."

He frowned when he had not even received a sound of approval from the woman right next to him. Something was definitely off. Not only today, it all started ever since he had dropped her off at her sister's apartment.

He was forever thankful that he had good observation skills, not that he was one to brag, but if it weren't for it, he probably wouldn't have notice the slightest change in her attitude the past few days. If it were the old him, he would definitely appreciate her silence.

But now, that wasn't him. He... Changed? No, that's not it. He probably would've still appreciate her silence, but right now it was different. Something about her today made it seem like she was fine all those previous days ago.

And from his observation, he concluded something which he had hoped that was wrong.

"Are you perhaps... sick?"

There. From the way her breath hitched when he had finished talking to the way her eyes widened for a split second proves his assumptions right.

"Wahh! You got it right there Giyuu! Yes I am, It seems like I have caught a cold, how careless of me!" she replied happily.

She was definitely lying.

He could tell that she was lying by the way she looked at him, she was avoiding eye contact, choosing to look at his forehead instead of looking straight into his eyes. She probably thought that he wouldn't have noticed, but he definitely noticed alright.

"I didn't mean it that way, Shinobu." he glared at her angrily, "I mean... Have you... Contracted a disease or something like that?"

Again, he watched as her breathing fastened and her eyes widen once more, though she didn't bother to return it back to its original size.

He was sick of it. He was sick and tired of watching her lie to herself everyday, thinking that she's fine or something. Not only that, she was lying to him as well. Assuring him that she was fine, smiling at him happily, trying her best to converse normally even though she was out of breath.