🤍Prologue🤍

There I stood, face to face with a mirror that no longer reflected the person standing in front of it; a mirror that reflected the broken shell that I had become, for I was not myself anymore. I had lost every essence of 'self'.

The threads of life seemed to have grown fainter and fainter with each passing day. Trying to hold on to them were even more painful as the thread burned like a raging inferno.

I awaited the day that the thread would finally dissipate into cold nothingness. Waiting can, however, grow tiresome. There were days whereby I would attempt to cut the thread on my own, but fear can make you mercurial.

Even when you're dangling to life from your last thread, your fear reals you back in again, denying you that cold bliss that you so desperately crave and forcing you to yield your fate.

Fate itself is a fickle whore, but sometimes - just sometimes - she can smile. And sometimes, she tells you secrets.

Disclaimer

Contains depictions of self-harm

This book is not meant to promote self-harm, self-hatred, or any other factor of instability that can damage a person both mentally and physically. Please, proceed with caution.

Despite the non-fictitious existence of certain characters, All scenarios are fictional regardless of any similarities to real events that may have taken place.

This is a work of fiction.

Author's Note

If you are facing any sort of instability or vulnerability or are practising any form of self-harm, I urge you to seek out help. Believe me, I know that there are times when things can get tough, but everything will be okay. Please do not make a permanent decision over a temporary situation.

Help can be anything and anywhere. You can contact a welfare organisation or even just speak to someone that you can trust and confide in. Even just talking to someone online and venting your frustrations can serve as help.

I am also here and will definitely lend an ear and encourage you to talk to me if ever you need a friend to cry with. We may be apart physically but virtually we are together. Together, we are strong.
My info is on my bio so feel free to DM me at any given time. ☺️🌺

I purple you all and encourage you to love yourself! Please be happy. <3

2020©️AlleyKatCosAcromaticRainbow

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without prior written permission from the publisher or the copyright holder.

NO TRANSLATIONS