Selection

I see my best friend, Gale. He seems deep in thought so I walk up and sit beside him. He is murmuring stuff. Then he screams, "WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO PEOPLE LIKE US!"
I am startled. Then I ask, "What happen to people like us?"
He says, "Oh! Sorry Nikki."
"It's ok. I am scared. For the Selection. What if I'm picked or you are. Or we both are."
"It's going to be ok," he says.
We get up and walk home. I get in. I am an only child. I get ready and dress into a blue dress. I walk to the square and see Gale. I smile sadly. He smiles reassuringly at me. I fell better. Then a escort named Alex says, "Welcome! To the 74th annual Slaughtering Games! Now we will pick the girl!"
She picks a slip and walks back to the microphone. She says, "Nikki Gelaways!"
I turn pale. It's me. I walk to the stage. No one volunteers. Then she picks the boy.
It's Gale Delane.
My best friend. I become pale again. We walk into the train. Gale comes up to me and hugs me. I hug back. Then he says, "I know this is a bad time to tell you this but I love you."
I look into his eyes. I kiss him full on the lips. His lips moves in sync. Someone coughs. We brake away. I blush furiously. Gale grabs my hand and asks, "Yes?"
"I anted to tell you Im your mentor, Peter," they say.
We nod an he walks away. I pull Gale into my bedroom so we can talk. I turn and shut the door. I turn around and find a pair of lips on mine. I am shocked. They pull back and pout. Its Gale. I frown. I kiss him and his lips move in sync. Soon we fall asleep in my bed. In the morning we are in the Capitol.