the pain that i bear for you

"tomioka-san, do you like someone?"

"...does tanjiro and the others count?"

"no silly! have you....never thought of having a wife?"

"...would you want a husband?"

"....tomioka-san, i might die in the future, my death is inevitable, so it is pointless. but you are strong, you can live longer than i do."

"kochou...please don't say that. live."

"CAW! SHINOBU KOCHOU! DEAD! FOUGHT UPPER MOON TWO!"

he woke up panting and reaching out to nothing. but he knew, he knew what he was suppose to hold. he was suppose to hold a delicate flower on his fingertips. that purple, beautiful flower that was suppose to be there. he always felt something was missing, but he was lucky enough to always know what it was, yet not that fortunate enough to find it.

but he found it. and she was so close. so close.

he look to the drawer that was beside his bed and took out the the piece of fabric that he valued more than anything.

it was his handkerchief that he asked sabito to sew. it had three patterns, three of it clashing each other, the colors and pattern doesn't match. a part was plain and maroon; a part a weird green yellow square shaped pattern. and in between them, a half-winged butterfly was sewed between them unnaturally. he smiled at the piece of fabric and held it close to him. he always used this piece of fabric to remind him of the pain of the past. he always wanted to remind himself to find her and wanted to say the three words he never got to say to her.

he was okay. he was okay that he was the only one who beared the memories of the past. and the pain of them. he distinctively remembered everyone. that high school boy with fiery yellow-red like hair yelling 'DELICIOUS! DELICIOUS!' while eating his tempura; the two police officers who were patrolling the night chatting to each other like brothers; the two restaurant owners who always looked at each other with love and affection. he thought fate was playing games with him. he met everyone, yet he has never met kochou. he has gotten anxious at one point when he went 23 years without seeing her.

but now he was determined. he could put everything on the line for her. he had enough money to go without working for a year, he had a luxurious japanese style home to live in, he had family and relatives, who were very alive. he had more than he needed. but he still felt greedy, because he knew there was some part that was missing , a big big part.

another thing giyuu realised was, he should stop treating this shinobu kochou as the one in the past. he was already sure that she didn't remember, so he decided to take things slow. but if she eventually never remembers, it's okay. he loves her no matter what. she'll still forever remain his kochou shinobu. as long as she was alive in this world, he just wanted to wait til the day he was worthy enough to say those three unspoken words.

s

"-san, you should talk more to others you know?"

"....."

"wow! that was the longest sentence i've ever heard ! that's why no one likes you!"

"....i am....not disliked by people."

shinobu woke up to the unfamiliar dream that was strangely familiar. what was even more frustrasting to her is that whenever she is talking to this 'person' , she could never see his face, and could never hear his name. she could only see that half weirdly sewn fabric with a uniform body suit underneath. was it even a bodysuit? it was a weird outfit.

her heart was throbbing again. everytime she had these dreams, she either wakes up with her pillow damped with tears, or her heart so painful she was going to suffocate and die.

just what was she forgetting? what was it? she was at loss for words. she always felt like her life has been missing some parts, and recently her dreams are making her recall them. but she still couldn't understand, what was she forgetting? in her dreams, the man was wearing a weird outfit, its definately not from this era, so what was it? why is it so familiar, as if it has happened not long ago?

they were both bearing tremendous pains by themselves.

one because he remembered too much.

one because she forgot too much.

as he was beginning to remember, she was beginning to forget.

but now both of then met, he was beginning to forget about the pain, and she was beginning to remember her pain she left behind.