xxvi

ENJOY THIS WORDED CHAPTER AS A THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 3K VOTES!

The two boys race along the sidewalk, giggling with such happiness. Win smiles as he watches the from afar. This is something he's been used to for months now, the same occurring dream, same spot, same boys, same day. Nothing changed.

"Not fair, You cheated!" The smaller boy says as he catches up to the older. The taller smiles at him, "It's only because I have longer legs than you do," he ruffles his hair, "maybe when you get taller you could beat me, Winnie."

Win blanks out at what the just said. Winnie? This is not how the dream was supposed to go, he's recited this dream like the back of his head, this was never in the script. So many questions as to why the dream is changing all of sudden but he didn't have the time to react when the supposed boy 'Winnie' says, "I will beat you one day, P'Bright."

Win then wakes up.

Breakfast with his mom was unusually quiet, and his mother noticed. "Winnie? Is there something wrong? Is it the food?" She asks worriedly reaching out her arms to take the plate away. He quickly denies shaking his head, "no nothings wrong, just spacing out.."

She chuckles, "you've been doing that a lot recently, is there something going on at the university?"

He hesitates on whether or not to tell her about his dreams and if their related to his forgotten childhood. Ever since he got out of the hospital, it seemed like his mother was not trying at all to help regain his memory. As if she wanted him to forget something or someone.

"Mom.." she looks up from her plate stares at him waiting for him to finish his sentence. He sighs, "what was my childhood like?"

She froze in place as if she was a deer caught in the headlights. "What?"

"My childhood. I want to know more about it."

"Why do you wanna know all of sudden? There's never been any problems back then, why now?" Her tone changed, a tone of fear and worries. What is she worried about?

Win leaned back against the chair with a big puff of breath leaving his mouth. "I've been having this dream.. of two boys playing together, I tried to identify them but they were always just blurred images. It's just the same dream over and over again for two months straight, no changes whatsoever. But last night was different," the mom was about to speak up but he continued, "I recited this dream in and out, if it were a play, every role would be mine. So to see that the script has been changed, it throws me off." He finishes.

Silence envelopes them for quite a while mainly because she is trying to take the information in. "What was different?"

"Have you ever heard the name Bright before?"

Her eyes widen as she stares at him, "Bright? Do you remember him?" She asks worriedly, if he remembers that name, it's only a matter of time before Win starts to remember his father as well. "I don't. But I'm guessing you do." He answers eyeing her suspiciously.

She looks down in defeat. "Mom, please tell me who he is." Win pleads desperately for some answers.

She stands up and goes to walk away, "mom-"

"Wait there, I'll be right back." She says assuring him of her return. She has felt guilty of keeping his childhood away from him just because of one man who ruined it. She returns with a photo book, different from the one she always shows him.

"All the answers are here, but the one you're looking for won't be there, he's been waiting for you for a long time now." Confused with her words, he flips through the photos find pictures of him with friends but it doesn't seem to trigger much until he the picture that catches him off guard. A familiar picture.

The same picture he posted on his Instagram, but it was only of  him and the side was ripped

The same picture he posted on his Instagram, but it was only of  him and the side was ripped. However, this one is full. He's that boy from somewhere, but-

"Bright posted that picture on his Instagram, too." He whispers.

What does this mean?