Chapter 1: Before

I walk into school feeling as on edge as possible. People stare at me like I haven't been here before. I've discovered like a weird thing about me lately. Somehow, I've been able to control minds, read them and to be able to look into the future and present. Funny right? Anyways, although it does worry me, I am able to read people's minds. So far no one has thought about me. Mainly about exams and hot dudes. I sigh and grab my stuff from my locker.

"Hey, you!" A boy yells dramatically, rushing up to me and pulls my hair. I growl, kick him in the crotch and shove him out of my way.

"Move out of my way, I've got a class to attend to," I say in a level monotone voice as I walk towards my first class which was Homeroom.

I enter the room and sit next to a tall blonde haired boy who's eyes were a pulchritudinous aquamarine colour. Her hair wasn't that long though she liked to tie it up, her smile just reminds me of the days that my friend and I played 'Mums and Dads' His hair was consistently behind his ear, sometimes he had it forward but mostly, it was behind it. It seems like all the teachers adore him, what tricks does he have up his sleeve? He is a Straight A student but apparently it's not just about the grades. 

"Mr Jackson!!!" The teacher yells catching my attention. I jump out of my seat and salute.

"Yes, M'am? Is there something I need to defeat?" I say confidently. If you don't know, I'm a nerd. I reference star wars and superheroes. The teacher sighs and facepalm.

"It looks like we have a nerd here. Well, I wish you luck on your... journey nerd. You're going to need it." A boy teases. I roll my eyes just staring at the teacher with open sympathetic eyes.

"Patton, please. I'm alright. Also, it's time for the 1st period." The teacher continues. I nod grab my stuff and rush down the hallway to my next class which happened to be English. I sit down and open my book.

"Today, it's another writing lesson for the assessment task." Ms Jeremiah says I raise my hand trying to slow down my heart rate.

"Yes, Patton?" Ms Jeremiah says, smiling at me. I sigh and count to ten trying to slow my heart rate more.

"Maybe you shouldn't have the assessment task tomorrow... People will be... Missing. I can feel it. So please delay it till Monday." I explain trying to sound as reasonable as possible.

Ms Jeremiah sighs and nods.

"I understand Mr Jackson. I shall delay it until it is safe for all participants. Thank you for telling me that."

Ms Jeremiah says as I open my book and start writing. I start writing down the future I see, in a story form. I am planning to show it to Ms, but I do not know what I should do in this situation.

"Mr Jackson, may I see you for a second?" Ms Jeremiah taps my shoulder, making me alert and fall out of my seat.

"Uh yeah. Of course." I say getting up brushing myself off and walk to Ms Jeremiah's desk.

"Now, I don't know why you're so accurate but I need some help here." Ms Jeremiah says pointing at the picture.

"What happens to him?" Ms Jeremiah continues.

I sigh and reply, "He dates me."

Ms Jeremiah gasps and turns around shaking her head.

"So my child is a bisexual?!" Ms Jeremiah complains,

"Yeah. Is there something wrong with that???" I question.

Ms Jeremiah pushes me back into my seat and continues teaching the class. My eyes close deliberately and I start seeing the future. Like I was in it. I get up from the broken classroom and search around the broken dark school that I go to now. Suddenly, I see a figurehead towards me as I turn to run, they grab me and push me to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" I try to declare.

"SHHHH!" The figure says his voice projecting all over the school.

I shake my head and I start to watch as my life deteriorates into a piece of ash. 

A random mysterious figure arrives and kicks the men off of me. 

"Get away from him!" The Man's voice boomed all over the area. Awakening me up. 

I quickly get up and rush out of the classroom into the hallway. 

Usually, it's harder for people to relate to me, but today everyone seems exhausted.

I shake my head head to my locker entering my locker code. 

"Hey. You seem quite exhausted and weirded out today... What's wrong?" A man asks. 

"Logan... what's wrong?" I ask closing my locker. 

"Your boyfriend Roman? He's cheating on you with another dude." Logan whispers in my ear. 

I calm myself down and text Roman. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texting

PuppyPattons: Hey. I'd just like to let you know that, we are done. My friend Logan, caught you and Virgil making out so bye. 

Romantic Love:  Fine. Suit yourself.

You have been blocked by 0436 898 753. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pathetic, now he's blocking me? When did this awful feedback even start?

I sigh and put my phone away. 

"What's wrong?" Logan asks tapping my shoulder lightly. I look at his eyes and adjust my glasses. 

" I believe that as I, a human..." I chuckle.

"I'm fine. He blocked me." I smile,

Logan's face changes from a smile to embracing a hug. 

I embrace it and smile softly.