Chapter 4

I looked through the pictures that Mita took on his camera. "Jeez, this guy sure has energy," I said. "He's been with about ten girls the past week. One after another!" We watched three girls leave the building. "It's another girl from Millennium Entertainment. Have I seen that girl before?" said Haru. "That girl with long black hair, right?" asked Mita.

"Looks like his favorite. Who is that?" I asked. "Oh, but you like girls who are more pure and innocent, right?" Mita asked Haru. I took a look at Haru and he looked starstruck. "Cute." I thought and smiled. "Kato-san?" said Mita.

**********

We followed the Isezaki's car to a parking lot to see Isezaki and the long black haired girl together inside the vehicle. "Wh-Wha..." Haru stammered as his hands shook. "Man. Kato-san, you're way too innocent," said Mita. "Shut up," said Haru. I slowly blocked my view with my hand and blushed profusely. "God help me..." I peeped. Daisuke didn't seem to be bothered at all.

Then another car approached Isezaki's and the driver got out. I watched Isezaki give the driver a brown paper bag and the driver gave him bundles of cash in return. "Okay! Let's go catch them red-handed!" said Haru and was about to get out of the car. "No. Let them stay at large." Daisuke told him. "What? Why?" asked Haru. "If we don't hurry..." Daisuke pulled him back to stop him.

"The drug that Isezaki sells is over 95% pure. We're going to leave him at large to figure out who's behind him." Daisuke explained. "Hey. How do you know that much?" Haru asked him. Daisuke didn't reply to him. I leaned my back against my seat as I watched the car drive away.

**********

Haru and I kept watch on Isezaki for a couple of days and I was a complete mess. I was so tired that I was laying down in the backseat of Haru's car. "Haru-kun... I can't take this anymore..." I groaned and rolled over, trying to get some sleep. "I know Vivi..." he replied who was also a complete mess. Then Mita knocked on the window. "Hey, Mita," said Haru as he rolled down the window.

"Huh? Where's Kambe-san?" asked Mita. "Who knows? Rich Boy probably got bored of playing detective games." Haru answered. "Did you get a lead?" Mita questioned. "Yeah," I said and passed Haru my phone and he showed Mita the pictures I took. "The one behind Isezaki is the Gondawara-gumi," said Haru. "Looks like the woman with black hair is one of them, acting as liaison."

"I see. No wonder she didn't show up after hitting up the agencies," said Mita. Then he took a whiff of Haru. "Kato-san. How about you go home for now? You seriously stink." he said and pinched his nose.

**********

Haru parked his car in a parking lot when someone caught my eye. "Haru-kun!" I exclaimed. "Eh? What?" he asked. "It's her," I said and pointed to the black hair women. "That woman..." said Haru. She got into her car and drove off. "We're going after her," he said and drove after her. I realized we were driving away from the city.

"What is this place? A park?" I wondered. All of a sudden, we didn't see the woman's car ahead of us. "Huh? Damn it." Haru muttered. "Where'd she go?" I asked. Haru stopped driving and said, "Come on, give me a break." "Guess we're lost," I said as we got out of the car. Then I noticed some light shining on my right. "Haru-kun?" I said. "Yeah, I see it," he said.

We both walked over to get a better look. "What is that building? A hotel?" he asked. "Why the heck is there a hotel in the middle of the forest?" I asked as a car behind us pulled up. The driver got out and Haru stammered, "Y-You..." It was Daisuke. "What are you doing here?" Haru asked. "That would be my line," said Daisuke before going inside. All Haru and I could do were follow him inside.

"Is this a restaurant or something? Members only?" Haru asked. Daisuke turned to us and asked, "Are you hungry?" "Well, that's not what I meant," said Haru and placed a hand on his stomach. "Prepare meals for three," Daisuke told the person beside him. "As you wish." he replied.

**********

The three of us walked into the elevator that was taking us somewhere. I was stuck between two men who are twenty centimeters taller than me because of my short-ass height. "This is a rather pompous joint," said Haru before telling Daisuke about his lead. "Isezaki is getting the drugs from Gondawara-gumi. And, their liaison, the women with black hair, entered this place."

Our eyes widened when the elevator door opened. The place was like an underground secret place. The screens were large and glowed a bright blue. It wasn't blinding though. There was a small screen in front of the big ones and there seemed to be something else in the room. "What is this place?" I asked and looked around. "Woman with black hair?" Daisuke questioned.

"Yeah," said Haru. "She's been together with Isezaki all the time lately." Daisuke walked over to the railing and looked over it. Haru and I did the same and he exclaimed, "A-An armored vehicle? Why is something like this..." Then some came out from underneath it and believe it or not, it was the girl. She had her hair tied up and work glasses on her face. Her hands were covered with red gloves and she had a black armband on her left arm.

She walked up the stairs and up to our level and took off the glasses and gloves. "You must be Vivi-san and Kato-sama. A pleasure to meet you. My name is Kambe Suzue." she introduced herself to us. The more I looked at her, the more she resembled Daisuke. "Kambe?" Haru muttered and looked at her and Daisuke before realizing, "Is this your house?"

"What's going on with that case?" Daisuke asked as Suzue sat in front of the monitors. "Isezaki is getting supplied by the major organized crime group Gondawara-gumi. Why don't you use this occasion to crush them all at once?" she answered. Haru turned his head to see a dog costume that was sitting against the wall.

"H-Hold on a minute. What do you mean, crush? More like, what the hell are you..." he started. "I've been doing undercover work against Isezaki under Daisuke's orders," said Suzue as she swiveled around in her chair with a cheerful expression. "Gondawara-gumi's operations are essentially controlled by the deputy godfather, Umezu. Once you apprehend him, everything would collapse sooner or later." she continued.

"What's the plan?" Daisuke asked. "There will be a drug party soon, and Umezu will be attending as well. Looks like the centerfold models and actresses Isezaki rounded up will be attending," Suzue said. "This is bad." I thought. "Hoshida Akiko, whose case was recent, also will be..." "What are you planning to do?" Haru asked interrupted.

"If I have two billion or so, I can arrest Umezu and destroy Gondawara-gumi," said Daisuke. "I couldn't gather enough information to know about the party. I'll admit that. But I hate methods that involve slapping people with wads of money," said Haru. "You can do as you please, I'll do things my way." He turned to walk away when Suzue said, "Kato-sama! Um, what about your meal? And, if you wish, we can prepare a bath." "Yes, please," I said mentally.

He shook and I could tell he was annoyed at this point. "I'm fine. I'm still working," he said and left the room. I heard the engines revving outside until the sound faded away. "Sorry, Haru-kun." I apologized in my head. I felt awkward when silence filled the room. "He seems quite the serious fellow," said Suzue when a light bulb went off in her head.

"Please have a look at what I've made!" she said and walked over to a cart and pulled the white sheet off. Daisuke took one look at the item and smirked mischievously. "Oh shit, here we go again." I thought.