Chapter 12

"Alright kitties, time for bed." I patted on their beds and said, "Come here, Catto, Daisucat." They walked over and meowed. "Sleepytime," I told them. Daisucat climbed into bed and laid down, but Catto kept looking at me. "Go to sleep," I said and he meowed. I lifted and placed him on his bed. "I need to sleep too, okay?" I said and turned off the lights.

Catto meowed and followed after me. "Hey, no." I picked him up and carried him back. "Hmm? Are you scared?" I asked when I saw his eyes go big. "Mew," he said quietly. "Aw, poor thing. Alright, just this once," I said and picked up his bed. I went back to my room to see Daisuke taking off his shirt. "Oh, hello there," I said and turned red.

He looked at me and smirked. "Like what you see?" he asked. "Sh-Shut up," I said and Catto meowed. "There, you're sleeping in this room for today." I placed his bed on the floor and he climbed in and laid down. "What's wrong?" Daisuke asked. "Unfortunately, he couldn't sleep because he's scared," I said and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Daisuke looked at the cat and petted his head. "Don't be scared," he said and Catto meowed. I came out of the bathroom and jumped into bed. "Daisuke-kun, we have work tomorrow, don't forget," I said. "I know," he said before getting into bed. "HEUSC, turn off lights," I said. "Understood." The lights slowly dimmed and Daisuke wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, darling," he said and kissed me. "'Night," I replied and buried my face in his chest. Around four in the morning, Catto jumped and slept at the end of our bed. But we never noticed.

**********

"Meow." I groaned and opened my eyes to see Catto. "Oh, hello there," I said and patted him. Then I heard scratching on the door and meowing. "Alright alright, I'm coming," I said and got out of bed. I opened the door and Daisucat meowed. "Are you looking for your friend?" I asked and let him in.

Catto was lying across Daisuke's face and was struggling to take the cat off. "I can't breathe..." he said. "Time for breakfast, let's go kitties," I said and picked up Catto's bed. Catto got off of Daisuke and followed me out the door along with his friend. He sat up and ruffled his hair. "Vivi..." he said.

"Here you go boys," I said and gave the cats their food bowls. "Meow!" they said and ate. Daisuke was sitting at the table and watching me cook breakfast. "'It must be nice to have a wife,'" Daisuke quoted. I looked up from the pan and asked, "Are you asking me to be your wife?" He came up and wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Maybe," he answered.

**********

"I have some unfortunate news," said Yukihiro. We all looked up. "We've been assigned security for this thing," he said as he looked at the TV. The news was about the arrival of the president from Republic of Poliador. "Wouldn't this be too big of a burden for us?" asked Shinnosuke. I know that we had some beef with the First Division from last time.

"It's fine, it'll be all right," Yukihiro reassured him. "It's just for one day tomorrow, and we'll be working with the First Investigation Division." "That gives me a heavy heart in its own way, " said Teppei. "They just want more people," said Haru. "Right?" said Shinnosuke. Daisuke and I were sitting on the couch just listening.

"So I'm counting on all of you!" said Yukihiro. Chosuke stood up and said, "Director. I'll go, too." "Cho-san, you're off duty tomorrow, aren't you? It's fine, it's all right. You don't have to strain yourself. You're almost at retirement age," said Yukihiro. Daisuke rested his hand on his chin in deep thought.

**********

"Put this on, darling, we're going soon," said Daisuke as he handed me a suit. "Last time I checked, I am not part of the Kambe family," I said as I put it on. "You're going undercover for me, okay?" he said. "I should be with Haru-kun, but I guess I'm sticking with you once again." "You're always sticking with me," he said. "Say what?"