Chapter One - The Years After

In the time after the Stardust Crusader's fight with DIO, Jean Pierre Polnareff had traveled back to France to visit with his family and Joseph Joestar stayed with his daughter and grandson for a few months before going back home to America.

  17 year old Jotaro seemed to be the same cold, emotionless asshole that he had been for so many years. But he wasn't. Both Holly and Joseph could tell there was a change in the boy's temperment, but they never brought it up. Holly was just happy to have her son back home, ignoring the mystery of him being a bit kinder to her, but Joseph knew about the losses they endured on their trip. He knew what had pushed the teen to soften his behavior to his mother.

  Iggy, Avdol, Kakyoin, they were all dear to Joseph, but Kakyoin and Jotaro had such a strong bond with each other, he wasn't surprised that his grandson had changed after losing him.

  Jotaro went through the rest of his time in high school and went to college, studying to be a marine biology teacher. He never outwardly showed his grief to anyone, but the losses hit him hard. Kakyoin was one of his first friends, one of the first people he let his guard down around, he trusted the red haired boy. But now he was gone. And Jotaro had to go on.

  Now, it is the year 1994. 24 year old Kujo Jotaro lives in a small home, not far from his mother's, per her request. Jotaro still misses his friends so much it hurts, but he's managing.

  It is the morning. Jotaro is still in bed, sleeping as uneasily as he has been for the past 7 years, when he's woken up by a knock on the door.

Sorry this is such a short chapter but the next one will be longer!!