Chapter four - Nightmares and Confessions

It always starts with darkness. There's nothing. No noise, nothing around, Jotaro feels like he's floating in an endless sea of darkness. Then he hears it. The sound that comes from a body hitting metal with such unearthly force it sends chills down your spine. Jotaro's head turns to the direction the sound came from and the world seemed to form around him. The man's heart sank.

  It had been weeks since he had this nightmare. For the seven years following the supposed death of Kakyoin Noriaki, Jotaro had had the same type of nightmare every night. It was always Kakyoin's death, but sometimes there were little changes.

  Occasionally he would be in place of his grandfather, watching from the roof of a building, unable to move, forced to watch as his closest friend was murdered.

  Other times he would be close enough to cradle his body in his arms, trying helplessly to keep him alive, ultimately having to watch as he died in his arms.

  The most common circumstance was where he is this time, floating in the air, watching the whole thing happen with no hope of getting to him in time to help.

  But sometimes, very rarely, he'd be in Kakyoin's place. He felt the confidence he felt in his plan. He felt the excruciating pain of a fist tearing through his chest. He felt the agonizing impact of his body colliding with the water tower. He felt how it felt to die. To fade away slowly, painfully. Then he'd wake up sweating, scared, and tired.

  The first times the dream happened he'd woken up crying. But eventually, he'd just wake up feeling numb. That's what really scared him. It scared him that he seemed to not be phased by the death of someone he cared about. It made him angry at himself, which turned into him being angry at others.

  Tonight, however, was slightly different. He could see the intricate net Kakyoin had made out of Hierophant Green, he could see his red hair, he could see DIO, he could see his grandfather, but nothing happened. Jotaro only had a few seconds to question what was happening before his eyes opened to see the worried face of his grandmother standing above him.

  "Jotaro sweetie,, you were screaming in your sleep what's wrong." Suzi asks him, a look of concern on her face.

  "Oh i.. I'm alright, it's just a nightmare I'll be fine." Jotaro says quietly.

  "Mrs. Joestar? May I speak with Jojo please?" A tired Kakyoin says as he walks through the door.

  "Yes of course, you two be sure to get back to sleep ok?"

  "Yes ma'am." Kakyoin replies as Suzi leaves the room. He turns to Jotaro and kinda stumbles to sit down on the edge of his bed. He sighs.

  "Jojo.. what was that? You.. you kept yelling my name... what happened in that nightmare?.." He says, attempting to make eye contact. Jotaro kept his face turned away.

  "Jotaro please talk to me-"

  "It was your fight. Your fight with him.. I've been having nightmares like this for years..." he replied, cutting off the redhead.

  "I.. i don't understand. If you've been having these nightmares for so long, why haven't I witnessed anything like this?"

  "I'm not sure of that myself.. I think.... I think it might be you. Every time I haven't had this nightmare has been when you're in the room with me. When I can feel your presence.. I don't know why but I just feel.. calm when I'm around you. I feel a lot of things when I'm around you actually.. things I don't understand.."

  "Explain what you're feeling. Maybe I can help you figure it out."

  "I.. I feel nervous around you. It's not like I'm scared of you or anything like that I just. I feel like.. like there are butterflies in my stomach and that if I say something wrong you'll hate me and I don't want that... but I also feel a sense of calmness rush over me. Like I'd rather be with you than anywhere else. Ugh..... I don't understand any of the emotions going on in my own mind..."

  Kakyoin goes silent for a minute.

  "Jojo.. Jojo I need you to look at me." He says softly.

  Jotaro turns his head hesitantly and makes eye contact with the redhead. Kakyoin takes a few deep breaths before quickly moving towards Jotaro, pressing their lips together. After a couple seconds, Kakyoin pulls away.

  "I... I feel the same way Jojo......" he says, looking into Jotaro's shocked eyes. "Shit uhm I-I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable we can act like it didn't happen if you w-" before he can finish his sentence, Jotaro grabs the collar of his shirt and pulls him into another kiss.

  This one isn't like the first. This time, both of them melt into the kiss, feeling years of confusing emotions turn into one, very strong emotion. Love.

  After some time, they both break the kiss in order to catch their breath. The two keep their foreheads pressed together, not wanting to be separated.

  When he catches his breath, Kakyoin begins to laugh.

  "Is something funny?.." Jotaro asks, clearly very confused.

  "No no I'm just, really happy." He says, grinning.

  The corners of Jotaro's mouth slightly turn upward into a small smile. He normally never smiles around people, but, as he said, he felt comfortable around Kakyoin.

  "So, about the nightmares.. do you want me to sleep here with you? I just want you to get some actual sleep tonight." Kakyoin says quietly.

  "..... yes. Please stay.."

  And with those words, Kakyoin lays down next to the dark haired man, and they both quickly drift off into a deep, peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "So, what was up with Jotaro?" Joseph asks his wife as she walks back into the room after leaving Kakyoin with her grandson.

  "He didn't seem too different than usual but I could tell he was upset. I just wonder what in the world could have had him screaming like that.." Suzi says, obviously worried about how Jotaro was feeling.

  "I'm pretty sure I know.. it's a long and confusing story though. Hold on, why didn't it take you very long to talk to him?"

  "Oh! Kakyoin wanted to talk to him so I assumed he had it covered. Those two seem pretty close y'know?"

  "Yeah.. that's a good thing for Jotaro. He needed someone outside his family that he could talk to. Now, it's getting late, let's get to bed." Joseph says as Suzi joins him on the bed.

  "Goodnight Jojo."

  "G'night Suzi."

Holy shit that was 1104 words-

I'm actually kinda proud of myself there XD

Ok so there might be a huge time jump next chapter if I can't think of something else to do at this point in the timeline. But if there is a time jump we'll get some wholesome Jolyne content so that's cool

Alright that's it from me-

I hope y'all are doing ok in this shitty quarantine!! I'll see y'all next chapter!! Byeeeee 💛✨