Chapter 30

"Here you go.." Zain gave me a popcicle.

"So cheap.." I mumbled.

"Picky.."

"Of all the girls you've been with, am I the only one you treated me like this?" I huffed.

"Yeah, why?" He shrugged.

I glared at him, aggressively nudged him by the arm.

"At least you got treated!" He exclaimed.

"For 13 years of being with you, I still hate that attitude of yours," I said, crossing my arms.

"For 13 years of being with you, I still hate that picky attitude of yours," He said, mimicking me.

"Stop that.." I sighed.

"What?"

"The--ugh... Never mind... You should go to your girlfriend....s" I grumbled.

"I dumped them."

I stopped in my tracks and turn to him.

"What?"

Zain just casually put his hands in his pockets, walking towards me. "I dumped them, you deafo."

"Is that even a word?" I raised a brow.

He flicked my forehead. "Why are you so dumb."

Yeah, I'm dumb, dumb for falling for you.

I pouted, covering the part where he flicked. "What's gotten on to you? Why did you dump them?"

"Because I love you."

"......"
"......"

Did... I hear that.... right...?

"A... Ahahaha... It's a joke right? Ahaha.. Y-You got me!" I awkwardly laugh, lowering my head.

"If it's a joke.." He leaned down, inclining his face to mine. "Why are you crying?"

"Sh-Shut up!" I sniffled, trying to wipe my nonstop tears. "What took you so long?!"

He softly chuckled, hugging me, his chin leaning on my head.

"Ah, Helena you're cute.."

"Stop spouting such nonsense."

• • • • •
A X E L ' S P E R S P E C T I V E . . .

Okay.. Deep breath...

I clenched the usb that I'm holding. This contains my perfect plan for 8 years, in order to keep the company held high.

I was planning to keep it a secret because mother might not listen to me, but here we are, standing right in front of the door, leading to her office.

I knocked on the door, and opened it, veeeeery slowly.

"M-Mother?" I swallowed.

Her brow twitched, pausing for a moment then continue checking the papers.

I slowly walked in front of her desk, 5 meters away from it.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" She sighed.

"No, not at all." I shook my head.

She stopped and slammed the document she's holding on her desk.

"What did you say?"

I feel scared right now, my heart beating so fast. I bet she's gonna kill me right now if I don't say something, and the 5 ramens will not be eaten anymore.