Chapter 32

Waking up, I decided to visit dad today. After doing my morning routines, I walked to the kitchen and met the head chef.

"Good morning miss." He bowed.

I nodded. "Morning, just whip me some simple breakfast. I'm in a hurry."

"Yes miss."

The head chef walk back inside the cooking room and cooked me some breakfast. The house is so quiet, it never have been quiet since dad got in a surgery.

Not long after, the maid gestured me to the dining room and gave me my breakfast. It was just a simple french bread, with blueberries and honey on top of it. The taste made me feel a little bit better.

After breakfast, I took my things and walk out of the mansion. I waited for my driver in a while. As my driver arrived, I immediately walk inside.

I told the driver to take me to the hospital. Playing at my phone, I received a call from mom. I accepted it, putting the phone on my ear.

"Hello, mom?"

I heard a sniffling sound at the other side of the call.

"Mom?"

"Athy?" She finally spoke.

"Why you call?" I asked.

"Your dad's awake!"

I sat up, eyes widened. Dad's awake!

"I'm on the way there!" I ended the call after.

I told the driver to high up the pace. I can't help but cry in joy. It's been a week since the surgery and now he's awake!

Arriving at the hospital, I immediately ran inside and to my father's room. I tore open the door and saw him, wide awake.

I slowly walk towards him, sitting at the chair beside. I held his hand, not very tightly.

"Dad..." I sniffled.

His head slowly turned, his eyes meeting mine.

"Atha..nasia?" He muttered.

"Yes?" I whispered. "It's me, dad."

Mom wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"You're daughter did a very good job, taking care of the company," She said. "I know she can do it."

Dad chuckled. "Is she?"

"Hehe.."

He let go of my hand and held my face. "I'm proud of you."

This line is enough to make me cry, it's very rare for my dad to say that to me and I'm very happy.

Mom suddenly smacked his chest hard. Gosh, that must've hurt.

"Don't say that like your gonna die!"

Dad became more and more pale, he couldn't even utter a word. Mom and I panicked, and immediately call the doctor.

• • • • •

"Phew.." I sighed, sitting back to my seat.

After checking up dad, the doctors said, 'NO SMACKING!!' especially to mom. She apologized nonstop after the doctors scolding.

She got called by Lily for some papers to sign and bid herself goodbye, she'll be back soon.

"Dad... I have something to tell you.." I fidgeted.

He just hummed in response. I know his eyes closed but I can tell he's listening.

"Can I go back...?" I asked. "Back home?"
"Okay.."