Viva El Presidente

"Let me help!"

"All you want to do is eat out of it! Leave the pot alone." I try to push Vyvyan away since he kept on shouting that he was hungry. "Move aside! I guess I have to make my own supper." Rick pushed us aside bur as soon as he touched the stove it exploded and we all jumped back and watched on fire.

"Nice doing prick!" 

Both of them started acting like children and I ran over to grab the fire extinguisher and put the flames out. I tiredly stare at them and they continued with the bickering. "Will you both shut up! Now we need a new stove, Rick you're buying it." Rick looks at me offended by telling him.

"Why should I do it?!"

"Because you blew it up."

"You heard her, Rick. You better pay up." Vyvyan began to laugh and Rick looked at him pissed and faked a laugh, "Oh ha ha, very funny Vyvvan!"

I went over and pushed their backs and got them out of the kitchen area. "I was going to make some nice spaguetti, guess we'll have to eat a salad." Both of them got the message and went over to sit on the couch. 

Surprisingly enough they weren't at each other throats like they usually are. I began cutting the lettace and it's vegetables and continued to glance up at them every now and then. Neil joined them and they were watching tv.

I placed a bit of salad on small plates and chopped off some chicken I was lucky enough to buy already cooked at the grocery store

"This is revolting!" 

"It's amazing what you can come up with with just flour and water." I heard Vyvyan and Rick speaking to Neil. 

I grabbed three small plates and walked over to them. "Well boys, this is all I could do. Next time I'll do a proper meal if somebody doesn't blow up the stove." I pointed it out to Rick who said nothing and grabbed his plate with the rest of the guys.

Slowly they started to eat their meal and stared intenrlt at the tv. "What is that little white dot?"

"It's a little white dot."

Neil replied to Rick. I looked at the tv and noticed it wasn't on. "Oh, very clever."

"It must be a really old telly."

"What, hippie?"

"Look, there's a sign in that little white dot. It means something really heavy. It means, there's no more telly. Time to go to bed.  I'm going upstairs now to finish painting my astrological star chart, all right?" Neil stood up, thanked me for dinnee and left.

Rick looked past me and uo to where Neil left. Do you really think that anyone has ever been the slightest bit interested in anything you say or do ever, Neil?! God, fascist. He sighed and gripped his plate tight. 

"Are you going to bed, Vyvyan?" Rick called out when he stood up.

"You're going to bed this early?" I ask surprised by it.