Chapter 4

Cole's POV

I wonder why mom was so hellbent on making me come over to grandmas.

I would have preferred staying home and going to clubs with the guys and probably getting laid.

Its not so bad though because I got to spend time with Olivia, I missed her a lot but I'll never say it out loud.

I knew Mrs Ferris was having her grand kids over but I didn't expect the Lily she always talked about to be a beautiful yet annoying specie of a human being.

I mean my first impression of her was that she was a shy high school sweet heart you know the usual innocent high school girl but I guess today changed that.

I could sense she was affected by my presence cos when I stepped closer to her she started fidgeting.

Even her hazel eyes were beautiful. I couldn't possibly be attracted to her right? She's not my type of girl.

But you want her to be.

My subconscious taunted me.

This isn't the summer I wanted. My mom can be a bit of a strong headed bull, its sickening.

"Cole dear, what are you thinking about. "Olivia says pulling me out of my thoughts. I wasn't even aware I had stepped into the house.

"Its nothing Olivia. " I say smiling at her. She looked un convinced but she didn't press the matter. I call her by her first name which is weird but she insisted I do that because she didn't want to feel old even though she already looks like it.

when I was about going up the stairs she called out to me.

"Cole dear, I need you to run some errands for me. Is it convenient enough? "

"Of course grandma. " I smile at her "what do you need? "

She handed me a list of everything she needed from the super market. walking out of the house, I hop on my motorcycle and drive off.

The ride to the store wasn't that long and I had gotten there in less than 5minutes.

I look at the note grandma Olivia gave me. It had only three items.

Orange juice
Cabbages and
Bacon.

Why would she need to get all this. I thought we had them all at home. She can be very forgetful at times.

After I got everything I needed. I went to pay for it.

On my way out something caught my eyes. It was Lily. She looked like she was waiting for a cab.

Why did I have the urge to help her out. I sigh inwardly.

I walk up to her but she doesn't notice my presence.

"Need a ride? " I ask her. She was startled but when she noticed it was me, she frowned.

" No thank you. "

" Would you rather just stand here waiting for a cab and probably something bad happens to you or you let me give you a ride? " I pressed on. She looked like she was contemplating what I said but her face gave nothing away. I thought she would give in but what she said surprised me.

"Like I said before my answer is no. I can manage on my own. " she says not bothering to spare me a glance.

I was getting pretty annoyed.

"Suit yourself " I say and brush past her. Why would a girl be so hot headed. Damn.

Not up to 5seconds when I was already on my motorcycle, she calls out to me.

"Fine".

"Fine what ? " I ask casually. Now that I actually look at her. She's really beautiful. She was wearing a dark blue summer dress and sandals, her hair tied in a perfect bun except for the stray hairs falling to her face. She looked perfect.

"You know what don't make me change my mind. . "She said smiling all though it didn't reach her eyes. She must have noticed me staring.

I pass her a helmet and gesture her to hop on.

"Hold on tight. " I could sense her hesitation. I chuckle softly.

" Just wrap your hands around me Lily. I don't bite. " I smirk at her.

When she doesn't still budge. I take her hands and wrap it around me and then we take off.

*****
I dropped her off Infront of her house.

"Thank you for the ride. " she says not looking at me and she walks inside. Taking that as my que to leave. I head home.

"Olivia, I got everything you asked for. " she smiles lovingly at me.

"Thank you dear. Set it on the table. " putting everything on the coffee table. I head into my room to take a quick shower.

I don't know why but my mind keeps  on drifting to Lily and her annoyingly perfect little face.

Slipping on a clean shirt. I lay flat on my back and decide to call the only person that'll take my mind off all this.

Nichole.

*****

Lily's POV

Grandma asked me to accompany her to the super market and then she just left without informing me.

And I was left stranded. If not for Cole.

At first I didn't want to go with him because I didn't trust him but when he made mention of something bad happening to me, I thought it was best that I go with him.

But there was something off about his jacket that I couldn't understand.

It had this symbol at the back of it  But I didn't understand so I didn't really put my mind to it.

I have been meaning to apologize to Mason but anytime I try he gives me the cold shoulder. When I try to approach him, he'd put on his headphones and walk away.

And I was getting really annoyed. I'd just try again. Like they say the hundredth time's the charm. Getting up from bed I head to Masons room.

I don't bother knocking cos I know if I do he won't let me in.

I walked up to him but he didn't spare me a glance, he just kept reading the book in his hands. I sigh inwardly.

"Hey Mase. "

No answer.

"I know you're still mad at me but you have to talk to me at some point. " still no answer. he didn't even look at me and it was heart shattering.

"I'm sorry I was being too much of an over protective sister. I was just looking out for you which now I understand you can do on your own. I'm really sorry Mase . Next time I'd let you decide before I jump in. " He still didn't say anything but he was looking at me now. I decided to leave.

On my way out, he finally spoke up.

" I forgive you Lily. " I turned around and I'm pretty sure the huge smile on my face must have scared him but he just grinned at me.

I went over to him and pulled him for a hug. Then I ruffled his hair which he swatted my hand for.

And we just stayed there talking about everything and anything.