Unit 731

*Graphic warning* this one is bad and I'm not going to dumb it down too much because it really was a horrible event and reducing it down too much would be a disgrace to those who went through it.

The scariest monsters are usually man made or man itself and the creepiest stories are always true Unit 731 is one such story. During World War 2 Imperial Japan invaded China and committed horrible atrocities but quit possibly the most sadistic things to take place happened in Pingfang district of Harbin which was in the largest Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo. The purpose of Unit 731 was to research biological weapons with torture and rape also being prominent within the prison. It is estimated that  between Unit 731 and other Units like it there were responsible for half a million deaths most of which being civilians prisoners of Unit 731 were made of criminals, anti-Japanese partisans, political prisoners the mentally handicapped and homeless people naturally this included all genders pregnant women, children and infants. The cruel experiments carried out varied some were injected with diseases to see what would happen as the disease progressed, others were forced to contract syphilis or gonorrhea by forcibly being made to have sex with someone who already had it they would then study the effects. Vivisections (surgeries done for scietific reaserch) were also very common and usually done without any anesthesia. Prisoners had their limbs severed to study blood loss or they were sewn back onto the opposite side of the body pieces of organ were removed some prisoners had their stomach removed and their esophagus connected to their intestine. They also conducted tests by infecting water sources with different bacteria or putting pathogens in food to be distributed out to chinese towns in one instance they grew fleas infected with the bubonic plague and dropped them from low flying planes over a city outbreaks of these diseases often occured shortly after. Conventional weapon testing was also done on the prisoners in some cases they would be tied to a post with a grenade detonated near by to test its effectiveness flamethrowers were tested as well as knives and bayonets. "Medical" research was done testing the effects of frost bite by  submerging the limb in water and leaving the prisoner outside until the limb "sounded like a board when hit with a short stick" they then would test various methods of defrosting the area using warm water or fire. I wish I could say justice was swift and dealt out but most of the scientists were traded immunity for their research notes by the U.S. after the war.