𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍?

*this chapter includes a song you will have to listen to when it is instructed since it is important to the story, when you read it, play the song*

AUTHOR'S POV

"Shit Lily, you spilled soda on my boots!" Hugh yelled.

"Relax, they were pretty messed up anyway," Lily brushed off.

"Messed u- they are in a perfect state! Or at least were..." he whined.

"Say that to the hole that shows your big toe," Kyle joked carrying a box full of fairy lights, although a few of the bulbs were popped.

The others laughed while Hugh kept on whining. "I will snitch on you!" He yelled to Kyle.

"What do you think I will do? Put him in time out?" Tate said as he walked in.

"No, just yell at him or something," Hugh said crossing his arms.

Tate rolled his eyes. "I'm not his dad, besides you do need a new pair; those are pretty ragged," he pointed out.

"Hey, so this is the best we could find, apparently there was an almost perfect aisle at May's," Natalie said as she walked towards Tate with Ben by her side, their hand full of dirty paper bags.

Ben and Tate exchanged a funny look. "Don't you mean Macy's?" Ben questioned.

"I don't know when I got there the light sign was torn apart, I told you we only found one aisle the rest was pretty fucked up," she replied.

"What did you find?" Tate asked.

"Well you said to look for a more formal vibe right?" Ben started.

"I literally never said the word vibe, you know I hate it," Tate shook his head.

"Anyway, luckily we found just enough stuff based on what everyone liked," Natalie interrupted.

"I was supposed to say that," Ben gasped.

"It doesn't matter who says it," she replied.

"Yes it does, we said it in the van, you said you wanted to say the whole sign and aisle thing I said I wanted to say what we found," Ben said.

"Why are you so dramatic about it?" She gave him a weird look, Ben crossed his arms.

"Tu peux être si garce parfois," he cursed under his breath, making Tate cover his mouth with his fist to hold the laughter.

"Don't you dare to insult me in French again!" Natalie threatened.

"You don't even know what I said," Ben said shrugging with a grin.

"She can be bitchy sometimes though," Tate said under his breath.

Natalie gasped and punched Ben on the arm. "Is that what you said?!"

"Oh god I thought out loud again," Tate said. "That doesn't matter, I want you guys to leave what you found for each one of us on their hammocks," he ordered.

"Okay, but didn't you say it was a surprise for Katherine, or shall I say your future wife?" Ben teased as he got on his tippy toes to punch Tate on the shoulder.

"Stop it, I told you not to do that!" Tate exclaimed.

"Fine, but what are you gonna do about it?" Ben asked.

Tate thought for a while and then figured it out. "Nats, I want you to get ready with her, you know full-on girly movie mode," he said.

"How many times have you seen Clueless?" She asked jokingly.