𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚞𝚖𝚋

TATE'S POV

"I will not keep doing this, I can't sacrifice myself like that," my blood boiled as the words escaped his cigarette-smelling mouth.

"You are seriously that selfish to save your useless ass but to leave thousands of people for dead?!" I exclaimed.

"Listen here you little shit, you have no idea what you are talking about, my reputation is-"

"Oh, I know what your reputation is. Jack Ackerman: murderer and robber, criminal since 2027; wanted by Elpída. Do you think I give a damn about what this will do to your reputation?! May I please remind you those narcissists are looking for me, and if they do I am going straight to death penalty?" I argued.

"I am leaving," he said picking up his backpack.

"No," I said.

He turned to me with a smile that showcased his rotten teeth, disgusting. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean that there is no way in hell I will let you leave like that, you clearly said that in order to end the mind-eating viruses that those full-of-themselves assholes are we will have to kill Kristen Lowell; if you leave this place only thinking of that way to end this you will not live five minutes after you try to do it," I said. "As much as we both hate it, if we want to put a line to this shit-show you will have to trust me," I added.

"How can I know if I can trust you?" He hissed, I leaned back not wanting him near my personal space bubble; I didn't mind certain people invading it, but he certainly isn't one of them.

I shrugged, pouting. "That's the fun part for me at least, you can't know. Unfortunately for you in no time your people will realize that living in a blood-thirsty warehouse with a gorilla as a leader is not much fun. So, if you leave right now you will be on your own," I informed.

"Are you threatening me?!" He exclaimed.

I crossed my arms. "Up for interpretation I guess, so you tell me," I teased, god I love poking fun at this guy.

The moment he offered me to over-thrown Elpída I knew what he was doing, I mean he had a tracker put into him and in no time I noticed he was wired too (he had a microphone) so I used one of the many things I've learned over the years when I feel like my words will be used against me and say nothing but what they want to hear.

I am not stupid, I knew he was working with them as some sick way to save his ass from getting executed, and I knew how obsessed Kristen Lowell was with me so I said only what she wanted to hear.

They knew I was gonna get that tracker out of him (although I bet they didn't expect me to use a can of Heinz green beans) so that's why I didn't put a location anywhere near mine. I made up my mind that the only way to get away with this was to kill him, but what of they saw that coming too?

Then it hit me, I bet they gave him certain information to share with me in our 'plan to get them down' so I wouldn't suspect; the thing is I am not the kid they once took, I've done much more since then, both good and bad things.

You know, people entertain themselves reading, whether it is memes from the old days, to burned magazines to the book no one but me wanted to steal; the point is everyone reads. I not only read books but I also read people, my whole life I've read people, that's how I knew my dad didn't mean any harm, and that's how I knew that Elpída wasn't an organization to help abused children.

Most importantly, that's how I knew Katherine truly is a good person. Every little expression someone makes has a meaning behind it, and it fascinated me somehow.

So, I know how to read people, which means I could get more information out of them than expected, I had made up perfect plans in my mind on how to bring them down. The only way to really bring them to their feet was to destroy them from the inside out; and I knew just how to do that.