𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

"How did you let it happen?! What does he want to do with her anyway?!" The sound of heavy steps and Tate's voice were heard.

"I didn't, it was your idea to keep her there because she wouldn't know where we are actually living," Ben argued.

"S'not how I remember it going, it doesn't matter whose idea it was the point is that son of a bitch has her and God knows what will happen if we don't do something about it," Tate warned.

"What happened? Who's dead now?" Katherine asked followed by a yawn.

"Ackerman has my mom," Tate muttered.

"Again? Why?" She asked.

Tate shrugged. "I got no clue, all I know is that he will kill her just to fuck around with me; I also know he's with Lowell on this they want me behind bars," he explained.

"They are willing to kill everyone in their way to get that to happen," Ben added. "That's why we need to be more careful than ever."

"You're right, I will do this myself," Tate mumbled.

"Are you insane?! You said it yourself he's with Elpída and let me remind you those bastards want you locked up. They have Clara because they want you to walk straight to a trap," Ben said.

"No, they wouldn't risk blowing Ackerman's cover just like that; he doesn't know we're aware he's with them so it would only be stupid to do empty threats like that. If there's something both people have in common is the fact that they both talk out of their asses, I will go and that's final," Tate said.

"What if you're wrong?" Katherine asked, growing worry in her.

"See that's the problem, I am never wrong, Kitty," he winked.

"All that gloating of yours will get you in trouble," Ben said.

"We'll see because if they wanted to arrest me they would've come up with something better than holding my mom hostage. I am going just because I am angered of him thinking he's powerful enough to kidnap people I am in charge of as if they were ash from the monthly wildfires. If he kills her when I get there I am gonna make him suffer, and you know it," he said.

"Why would he do it if they don't want to get you yet?" Katherine asked.

"He thinks that would lead me to a breaking point, that's what they want; they want me to weaken so it'll be easier to get me, they don't know I don't give a damn about her, I stopped caring for her at least ten years ago. They don't know that though, so if she dies they think I might enter some depressive episode or some shit, that would only make things easier and more entertaining for them," Tate explained.

"How broken does a person's heart must be to find delight in others' sorrow?" Katherine muttered more to herself.

"You must have no heart to begin with," Tate replied. "Ben I need you to locate the bastard and find a perimeter, he must have one, got it?" Ben nodded and walked away.

Katherine bit her thumb as she looked to the side. Tate sat next to her on the couch they've enjoyed countless movies in and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey I know it must be scary for you, but you gotta trust me okay?" He said as he brushed his fingers through her hair.

"It's just...I just got you, and I don't want to lose you," she breathed.

"I know, I promise that won't happen; he's just a crazy old man who's addicted to drugs you know? I mean, he can't do much," he joked.

"When you get your mom back, what are you gonna do to her?" She wondered.

"I won't hurt her if that's what concerns you. You know a very smart and incredible girl taught me that nobody deserves to die no matter what they've done, a few months ago I would've thought it was bullshit, but now I know that it is true," he said as he admired her from head to toe, each and every small detail he adored, he watched carefully.