02

•—{✯}—•

monday

          "damn it!" renjun kicked the vending machine. he had tried to get a drink out of the broken machine. keyword, tried.

          "need help there?" he heard a voice behind him. renjun recognized the voice as his annoying classmate and didn't dare turn around. donghyuck stood there with a raised eyebrow.

          "are you just gonna ignore me?" haechan pouted at the older male and then walked up to him. the latter just sighed in frustration, knowing that haechan wouldn't leave him alone until he replied. renjun didn't know why haechan wanted his attention so much.

"renjun!"

no response.

"renjun-ah!"

silence.

"injunnie hyung!"

"what the fuck do you want!?"

          haechan's eyes widened at the response as he smiled.

          "you replied!" haechan hugged the older.

          renjun groaned in pure irritation and pushed the other off of him. haechan didn't care though, he helped the chinese out and somehow ended up with the drink renjun tried to buy a few moments ago in his hands. renjun didn't show any reaction. he grabbed the drink and walked away from the other with his backpack strap in hand. school had ended already and renjun was eager to finally get home and plop onto his bed.

"wait up, junnie!"

"go away."

"you talked again!"

silence

"aw man."

          haechan ended up trying to walk renjun home. the latter didn't want haechan to know where he lived though, since that would have been disastrous. not that he was poor or abused, it was quite the opposite actually. he just knew that haechan would have walked him to school and back home everyday. the boys had known eachother for only half a day, yet renjun could predict almost everything haechan would do for the next week.

          with that being said, renjun crossed the road all of a sudden, making his way to the cafe across the street. haechan turned his head to see that renjun was already across the street and he quickly ran towards the older boy. the older turned back to see if he had lost haechan and was surprised to see the latter running across the road at the same time as a speeding car. renjun pulled the boys arm and pulled him towards his chest. to haechan's surprise, anger was evident in renjuns eyes.

          "what the fuck were you doing? are you crazy? you could have died!" renjun scolded the younger. the younger wasn't listening though. he was stunned for two reasons. the first reason was the fact that renjun actually cared. the second reason being the position that they were in. their chests were touching and renjun was gripping tightly onto haechan's wrist, the other hand on his waist.

          as renjun was scolding haechan, his grip tightened. the younger winced in pain but tried not to say anything about it. renjun, on the other hand, hadn't noticed the pressure he was putting on haechan's wrist. his hold of the boys hand unconsciously tightened until haechan finally said something.

          "o-ow! r-renjun it h-hurts!" his eyes were shut tight as he tried to pull away.

          "oh- fuck. sorry about that-" renjun said, letting go of haechan.