03

•—{✯}—•

tuesday

tuesday

          "good morning!" haechan exclaimed. it was a bright morning and the male just arrived to school with 15 minutes to spare until class. he greeted everyone he saw in the halls cheerfully, skipping to his first class. as mentioned before, haechan knew absolutely everyone, and everyone knew him.

          "hey yeji!" he greeted the pretty girl. she waved back with a smile and proceeded to talk to her friends.

          "yooo chan what's up bro" haechan first bumped chan, who just nodded with a smile in return. haechan loved to greet people, he loved to make them feel known. haechan knew everyone, yet he was still so, so lonely.

          he finally made it to his classroom and threw his bag on his desk, sitting on the teachers table afterwards. you might be thinking that the teacher's gonna kill him for doing so- but no. haechan was even the teacher's favourite. they didn't express it but they secretly adored the boy. well, he is haechan. hes basically perfect.

          soon enough, renjun made it to class and sat in his seat without saying a word. haechan himself had no idea why the boy grabbed his attention so easily, but he loved it.

          "girls, i'm gonna head over to my seat now alright? good luck in class." haechan said, smiling at the girls. now now, don't get any ideas. these girls aren't crushing on haechan, because well, hes openly gay. haechan has been openly gay since he was like 12. of course, there are people who dont support him, but the amount of people that do overtake that tiny number.

          haechan knew the word faggot too well. he had been called so on many occasions. it hurts each time, he really tries not to let it get to him but there will always be a part of him that's bothered by it. sometimes he would say good morning to people in the halls like usual, but they would just respond with-

         "hey fag" chanyeol said, turning to haechan who was walking to his seat. haechan didnt reply and just looked at the smirking boy with an unreadable gaze, that soon turned into a meaningless smile.

          "hey chanyeol!" he then turned and continued to walk to his seat, leaving a homophobic chanyeol behind.

          "morning renjun!" haechan said, mood immediately rising after seeing the pretty boy. though, this smile slowly faded as he got his reply.

          "piss off, haecrap- or whatever your name is." renjun growled.

          "..okay, sorry.." haechan said, sitting down with obviously sad eyes.

'did he hear chanyeol call me a fag? is he homophobic too? or perhaps I did something wrong..? but what could-'

          his not so positive thoughts were cut off by his teacher entering the classroom. the class passed by quickly, well at least to renjun. haechan was lost in thought the whole time, sulking over what renjun said to him. renjun noticed this but couldn't care less and focused back on the lesson.

          soon enough, class was over and lunch break was starting. haechan tapped on renjun's shoulder while the latter was packing.

          "can we eat lunch together?" haechan questioned, a hopeful gaze and pout being displayed.

"no." renjun deadpanned.

"why not?"

          "look, haecrap. i dont like you. not as a classmate, not as a friend, not as more. you're incredibly annoying and I don't know why you're craving my attention so much. i guess your parents didn't give you enough attention growing up. i dont care, just fuck off. go ask for attention from your friends for fucks sake, I'm not your friend! i don't know why you think everyone likes you, and neither do i care. I don't want to sit with you at lunch, and I never will."

          by the time renjun finished, haechan had tears threatening to fall down his face. renjun rubbed his temples in frustration as he heard quiet sniffs come from the boy in front of him.

"why?"

"why what?"

          "why do you hate me so much..? ive never done anything to you, at least I dont think so.. tell me what I did wrong so I can apologise.. tell me why you hate me so I can fix myself! you're right! i didn't get enough attention from my parents, and i want your attention. is that so wrong? i just want to be friends! is it because i'm ugly or fat? am i too loud? am i just a person you hate for no reason? am i that horrible? am i so horrible that you want me to fuck off? please tell me so i can fix myself! p-please.. tell me.."

          at this point haechan was sobbing hard. he fell on his knees and put his face in his hands. renjun looked at the boy in front of him with guilt in his eyes.

"no.. haechan it's not any of that, please get up. it's not your fault or anything. hae-"

          before renjun could continue talking haechan let out a loud sob. he sounded as if he were sobbing enough for his eyes to dry out. he quickly wiped his tears and grabbed his bag, running out of the class. he didn't care if it was first period and he was going to miss class. he just needed to get out of there as soon as possible.

          haechan came back home with puffy eyes at the time that second period was going on. haechan ran to his bed and got under the blanket, closing his eyes and slowly falling asleep.

          "what was that!? why did haechan just run off!?" jisung asked mark, worried about his hyung.

          "i don't know. let's ask renjun?" mark said and the two walked up to renjun, who was just staring blankly at his feet, ashamed.

"what happened?" mark asked.

"mark! do you know where haechan lives?" renjun asked.

"uh yeah, why??" mark and jisung raised their eyebrows.

"i did something.. something bad. i need to apologise."

"..alright, he lives at ---"

          "thanks hyung." renjun said, and went to his next class, thinking about how he could apologise to the boy he hurt after school.

•—{✯}—•

word count; 1021 words