Coming together?

Mariah's POV
Once I come to the outside of Dominic's office was dark. When I came here, it was a little after 3 am. I look over to see Dion sleep on the couch, Sedrick trying his best to stay up but sleep on his chair in Dom's office. And Dominic standing at the window in his office. "Dom?" I question. He spins around and rushes to me. "What she say? Did she find him? Does she know who took him?" He comes at me with rapid-fire questions. "Well, yes and no. She told me vampires are after our kid so that they can harness heavens light for something. And that we are being betrayed by people we'd less expect. Mostly you. And the last thing she told me is that I had a beat a bitches ass." I tell him.

He looks at me perplexed but then nodded his head. "So we just have to find the vampire cavern with our son?  But why are they down south? They can't stand the intensity of the sun here?" He asked. "It's what I asked as well, but I didn't receive an answer. I can only assume they are working with Werewolves or blood whores. Maybe both." I explain. You see, vampires have been enemies of werewolf kind since the first mates: the moon goddess and Artimus. The moon goddess was the first werewolf with the ability to transform during the lighting of the moon. She was walking on earth one day when the other villagers were ignoring this human man begging for food.

She helped him and took him back to her home. She fed him and found out his name was Artimus. He was into the stars and was always searching for more discoveries. She loved hearing the stories of how the constellations came to be and how the planets moved around the sun. She would ask what he thought of the moon. Seeing as it may, she was the goddess of the moon. When she saw, he let up light Christmas in saying how beautiful and love light an warm that it brings. She knew she had fallen for him.

So every day they would spend with each other, and became lovers. Years went by, and she did not age while Artimus had. She had told him who she was as to why she never aged. One day he was on his death bed, and she was so devastated that she did something that she had never attempted before. She gave him half of her wolf. In taking some of her wolves to spirt and bestowing it onto him, she had created something that night. In this instant, not only the second werewolf but the soulmate this person that has the other half of your wolf and bound to you for all eternity. She completed the bonded by marking him with her fangs, and she instructed him to do the same. That transformed him into his former younger self.

They were able to stay together forever,  but there was one person that was jealous of their relationship. He has watched them on the sidelines for many years. Orin has been in love with the goddess before she discovered Artimus starving in the streets. He was always afraid to approach her because her beauty was beyond any woman in the village. But once his changes were snatched, he bought his time. He knew that he was what was best for her and would wait for him to fuck it up. But when he didn't. He decided then and there he has to get his revenge. He sought out Luther, the king of the underworld, to grant him the power to kill Artimus and claim the moon goddess as his mate instead. This created the first vampire—one who only walks the night and devours the blood of the fallen.

Blood whores are human servants of vampires who would do anything to satisfy their mater. When a vampire bites them to get the blood, it releases a sort of chemical that makes them experience a high more magnificent than any drug they can get on the market. And it not only affects humans but other magical creatures as well. So we could be dealing with anything from a witch to another werewolf. I would hope it wouldn't be someone who is a werewolf because they know how precious the firstborn is to alphas. But I suppose not all was raised right.

There had been many wars over the last millennia. Bloodshed and sorrow went over the land until the moon put an end to it and vanishing the vampires to other ends of the world. These days we are kind of divided by climate because they can't stand the full raise of the sun here in Georgia or anywhere in the southern states, which is why it was weird that they would be here. "Dominic, we need to come up with a cohesive plan," I tell him. "I have my best worrier coming to help." Huh! I thought I'd met all of Don's warriors? I wonder what he's like. For him to put so much confidence in them, he must be the best of the best.