Chapter 35: Elara

Hello guys! Yet another chapter! Get ready for a fun one! By the way, any references you guys spot?-😈

"Keep quiet!" I hiss. "We can't follow them if you keep stumbling into everything like that Tia!"

"But it's so dark!" She moans. "Why can't I just light the way with my powers?"

"Because we'll get caught!" Samson snaps.

"Uuuh. FIIIIIINE."

"Now shush. Here they go." I see the shadowy figures of my parents up ahead. Even though we're relatively close, the shadows hide us well. All my siblings follow my lead, completely trusting me. It would be a scary feeling if I wasn't so used to it.

"Good evening my darling," my father says. My mother scoffs.

"It's midnight. I would hardly call this an evening." Father chuckles low in his throat.

"I forgot you didn't learn proper etiquette for long. Now come along darling, time to go," he holds out a hand and she takes it with little hesitation.

"Off we go," mother mutters. We trail them through out the palace and into the dungeons without a single mishap. They seem solely focused on the task at hand, and the one beside them. When we go to the dungeons, they keep going, but we hang back so they don't see us.

"Ah look, the little king is back," a voice drawls. "And with his queen too. Hello Barrow. Not so pleasant to see you again." My father lets out a growl of annoyance, insulted.

"Hello Cameron," mother replies, an undertone of laughter in her voice. "Hello Julian, how are you and Sarah?"

"Not as well as I would hope Mare. And you?"

"What do you think?" She says scornfully. "He's right here." We hear the sudden sound of a slap, hard and immediate. "And I forgot you still did that when we were down here." I hear a cold rage take hold of my mother's voice.

"I only do it because you refuse to listen Mare," father hisses back. Do what? What does he do to our mother?

"Yor-your majesties?" Clara's voice echos through the cells.

"Clara," my mother breathes. "You have your fathers eyes."

"Huh." Clara says of nothing really.

"Mare, watch where you step," father warns.

"I am aloud to mention the fact that her eye color matches my brother's!" She snaps.

"We should leave then Mare, if you won't do what your told," father says coldly.

"Fine, Calore. We all know what promises mean to you," mother retorts. "Goodbye Julian. Sarah, Cameron." Then their steps begin to move in our direction. Afraid of being caught, we scramble out and make it safety to our beds before they get anywhere near us.