After The Ball

Bright but slightly baggy eyes stared dreamily at the pages of the book their owner held. The book was open and meant to be read but the reader was surprisingly lost in a world of her own.
       Hermione sat at the Gryffindor table beside Harry for breakfast. She had brought her potions book to avoid eye contact with a certain Weasley sitting across. She had been furious at Ron after last night however she had to make an effort to express her anger because there was a stronger feeling that overpowered her anger on which she couldn't quite put a finger .

She read in her head
' BREWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR WIT-SHARPENING POTION
1.Mix in Ginger Root until lime green.
2.Mix Armadillo Bile until blue.
3.Mix Ground Scarab Beetles until ......his eyes are so beautiful.....a stormy grey. And when I hugged him....his heartbeat in sync with mine and his hand cold,strong yet ...so welcoming ......what am I doing? I shouldn't think like that...but...he was so...different'

     The way she was grinning people would have thought she'd gone mad but lucky for her , she had brought her potions book , with a blank cover that is , who would know whether she's grinning because of a story or not.

    Having been hurt by Ron the previous night she hadn't quite pictured a sound sleep for herself but that's exactly what she got : a deep, peaceful sleep. She had fallen asleep thinking about Draco and how differently he had behaved. The pure blood , Slytherin bully had just been a disguise over something much better; kinder. She had never imagined she would have found solace in Draco Malfoy. She wanted to forgive him for the way he had treated her but that's not something that should be done is it , ' what would Harry and Ron think when I tell them what I did . Well they'd be mad. I should be mad at myself too, but......I'm not' she thought , now sadly .

           Almost at the end of breakfast she looked up and her gaze , quite involuntarily, fell on Draco sitting at the Slytherin table , but what she saw made her highly uncomfortable.