「Chapter One」

about 11 years ago

"Well.. Um.. I really don't understand what's happening here.." The doctor looked at both papers, her brows furrowed in utter confusion.

"What seems to have happened?" Mother squinted her eyes, worryingly. Momo was listening quietly while Y/n was staring off at some poster.

"It seems that Y/n has a much different Quirk.."

"What? What's her Quirk?" Father asked.

"Well when we tested what she could do, it appears she has the powers of a mythological creature, the first depiction, that is.."

The Yaoyorozu parents exchanged glances.

"The power of a Siren. That's what we input her Quirk as."

Mother felt her face go pale, and she had trouble breathing, but she quickly eased herself, "Do you know the cause of this?"

"There hasn't been very clear studies on these types of things, so we're speculating that its a mutated gene, some sort of complication."

"I see.." Father cupped his chin, "Has anything like this happened before?"

"Not in Japan, but I'm sure it's happened multiple times worldwide."

Mother massaged her temples, "I need to step out for a second."

"Huh? What's wrong..?"

Y/n watched as her Father followed her Mother out the room, "What's going on?"

The doctor watched as the door closed and then smiled at Y/n, "Everything is alright, some things are just hard to handle. But it's okay! Your power is incredible, and so is yours, Ms. Momo. I have no doubt that the two of you will use it for good."

Present Day

An annoying and unpleasant sound filled a grandiose room, where a 15 year old girl shifted in her sleep, laying in a large and elegantly designed bed.

There was a light knock at her door, and after a couple seconds, they entered the room.

"Y/n! We start school soon, why are you still sleeping?" Momo gasped and rushed over to her twin sister, turning off the alarm as she did so.

*____________________*

Momo Yaoyorozu

Age: 15

Occupation: Student

Quirk: Creation

*____________________*

The tired girl begrudgingly awoke from her slumber and sat up, revealing her wild bedhead, "It's fine, I can get ready quickly..."

*____________________*

Y/n Yaoyorozu

Age: 15

Occupation: Student

Quirk: Siren

*____________________*

Momo, who was already in her uniform with hair done and all, crossed her arms, "Come on, Y/n. We were both recommended to U.A., we have to assert good impressions to everyone." She said, sitting next to Y/n on the bedside.

Y/n scratched her head, "I know, I'll go brush my hair and teeth, put on my uniform.." She started to doze off, but then quickly sprung back up, "Right! Sorry, I'll be quick." Y/n pulled the covers off her and let her feet hit the cold wooden flooring, "How much time do I have?"

"Ten minutes! The car is waiting outside."

"Car? Seriously, I wish we could be normal and, I don't know, walk to school." Y/n went to her closet and grabbed her uniform. She placed it on her bed and made her way to her bathroom, Momo following her.

"Mm, true. But I am still grateful to all the things we have. We are very fortunate, you know."

Y/n started to brush her hair, "Yeah, that's how you think. Mother and Father despise me because of whatever mutated gene I have." She shook her head with a sarcastic chuckle, "Like I believe that stupid story."

"I read that there are usually quite a bit of complications when it comes to growing and birthing twins. It's not uncommon for something unusual to happen." Momo touched her chin.

"I think whatever is up with me is way more than unusual." Y/n said, putting the brush down and then watered her toothbrush, "My Quirk is nothing like any of our family. Even older brother has a similar Quirk to you." She put toothpaste on her toothbrush and then watered it down again, "I seriously question what mutation I have anyway." Y/n shrugged as she started to brush her teeth.

Momo looked at her sister, wondering what to say. She opened her mouth to speak, "I don't know if it's worth questioning, though it certainly is an intriguing topic of discussion. Of course, you being adopted is way out of the question.. But I heard that the other recommended student has a somewhat unusual Quirk too."

"Really?"

"Well, yes, kind of. Endeavor's son, apparently he has both fire and ice powers."

Y/n raised her brows, "Wow. That's pretty cool..!" She spat into the sink and wiped her mouth, going to her bed and stripping of her pajamas and into her underwear.

Momo followed behind, "Maybe you should befriend him, since you seem to have that in common."

Y/n put on her uniform, "I guess. What's his name again?"

"Shoto Todoroki."

Y/n buttoned up her blazer, "Alright, I'll talk to him." She made her way to an open birdcage, where her pet bird, Lady, sat, "See you when I get back, Lady." Y/n smiled, nuzzling the top of her head with her index finger.

"Have a good day at school, Y/n." Lady said.

Momo straightened her uniform, "The way your bird squawks at you makes it seem like she's actually talking in our language."

"Mhm-" Y/n turned around, knowing full well that Lady could actually talk in her language, but only she could understand; for whatever reason...

"Come on, I'm excited!" Momo smiled, leading as Y/n followed behind, "We'll see you when we get back from school, Mother, Father."

"Have a great day, Momo!" Mother smiled, and then nodded at Y/n with a weaker expression.

"I expect great things. Don't let us down." Father said, hiding his face with the newspaper.

"Of course, Father. We'll be going now." Momo bowed, Y/n doing the same.

When the front doors closed, Y/n let out a groan.

"Geez, the way they talk is so.. Ugh!" Y/n clenched her fist.

"You get worked up so easily, Y/n." Momo chuckled, the two walking to the car as the doors opened for them and they sat inside.

Y/n let out a sigh as she leaned back into the leather, "At least this school will be somewhat of an escape for me.. I finally get to have a chance at becoming a hero." She smiled determinedly, "And I won't let anything stop me!"