9. Pity

Taylor's POV:

I froze a little after hearing Charlie's daughter. I don't know why my mother has had them down there for so long. She's such a bitch for doing that. I forget about trying to ride one of the dragons today and I just head back upstairs. What a waste of time coming all the way down here. I head up past all the 30 stories of stairs and fuck I'm done. I slowly walk back to my room and I lay on my silky diamond encrusted bed covers and sigh. 

Why can't life just be any easier? Why do I have to deal with this? What's the purpose? I hear a loud slam coming from my door and I see Anna, my little sister, come barging in. I groan "What do you want?" "I felt you doubting life again so I came to snap you out of your head again." I couldn't be mad at Anna just because of the way she is, she's only 15 after all. She wasn't born when we had to send Jack away. We also have this thing in our family when we can spiritually feel when something is off, it comes from our powers. 

I smirk and flick my hand in an outward motion as if I'm tossing seeds but instead a small flow of ice flies right in front of where she would've made her next step. Anna obviously notices and gasps and glares at me. "I would never try to ice trip you like that" Then she immedietly does the same motion with her hand except it lands on my butt. Boy, did it sting like hell. "You little bit-" Anna laughs and tries to run out of my room but I chase after her and catch her right at the door and I pick her up from behind and lift her a few inches off the ground and I quickly tip-toe back to my bed and throw her onto my bed laughing. Anna smiles and giggles and turns to lay on her side facing me. 

"Why are you so stressed out, Sis? It's your birthday today and we're having a party with everyone invited and I know you don't think of them as peasants like you always say" "Well, it's just....what if..." "JUST SAY IT! PLEASE!" "Okay, okay. What if something goes wrong and then it's in front of everybody and then SHE could show up and I don't know what to do..." "Annnnd?" "It's just I'm going to be meeting a lot of sires tonight and I won't know what to say or do.." "AND?" "It's going to be the 16th birthday without Jack, Anna I'm sorry I know you've never met him and he left when we were so young it's just I miss him and I don't even know him now. Do you know what I mean" Anna just looked at the ground quietly rubbing her thumbs together. "I know what you mean, it's okay. Do you want me to invite Keona to our rooms before the party to help us get ready?" "No, it's okay. She's probably upset right now that everyone has to live at the castle. She never said anything but you could tell it really bothered her."

 "It's okay, she'll learn to enjoy it, hopefully." "You can invite her of course but only if she wants to." I smile light at Anna and she flashes me a big, wide and white smile and bear hugs me and kisses my forehead. "I love you Sis. I'll see you in a bit." And she waved her way out and I heard the door gently close. I turn and lay on my stomach and I flatten my face and groan. What the hell is going to happen tonight?

 Please help me Lord.