Chapter 22

Sugawara looked straight at Hinata's mother and frowned. He knew he didn't like this woman. And he probably wouldn't for a while. Hinata looked at Sugawara from the safety of Kageyama's lap, breathing heavily.

Sugawara looked back to Hinata's mother and frowned. "Ma'am."

"Yes?"

"I'm going to ask you to leave or I'll get a police officer in here."

(I'M SORRY I HAD TO)"Why do you need to get a police officer?" She questioned

"Why do you need to get a police officer?" She questioned.

Sugawara sighed. "Ma'am you harassed your own son and wouldn't provide him proper care."

"He's supposed to get better. He's my son."

Sugawara held a hand behind him, trying to stay calm. Daichi held it gently and stepped closer. "He's still a kid. You need to let him get better on his own. You're just hurting him."

"How would you know?! He's not your son!"

Hinata clamped his hands over hid ears, startled. Kageyama held him closer and kissed the top of his head. "It's alright. I'm right here."

Sugawara gulped. Now he hadn't gone through what Hinata had and he was typically a bit of a chaotic person and bubbly but definitely not when being yelled at. It was too much. Daichi pulled Sugawara towards him and held him. "I wasn't going to interfere at first but you do not yell at him. He's helping Hinata more more than you think."

"Oh so I don't know what I'm doing. First my coworkers and now some teenagers. Great."

Sugawara stepped back from Daichi and promptly sat on the floor. "I'm done. I can't deal with her."

Hinata looked back at Sugawara, now more worried than he had been a moment ago. "Suga…?"

"Sorry." Sugawara mumbled. He put his head down in his hands, voice cracking. "I'm sorry…"

"Sweetheart no…" Daichi lowered to the floor and put his hands out. "I'll-"

"I'm not sad Dai." Kageyama and Hinata both froze. Oh this wasn't good. Sugawara wasn't one to shut down. Sugawara took a deep breath. "I'm really, really mad. But I don't want to yell."

"You don't have to yell."

"I want to."

"I know." Daichi looked up to Hinata's mother and sighed. "I'll do it."

"Okay."

Daichi got between Sugawara and Hinata's mother. "Don't yell at him or your son. Sugawara has gone through some pretty bad things in his own life. You can't say he doesn't know what's happening.

"Like what?" She questioned.

"He had an eating disorder as well. You're lucky Hinata wasn't able to hide it for very long."