Chapter 2: That was.....something.

Luke's POV
~~~~~~~~~
Damn, she was cute. There was something about her, though. Something sad. For some reason, the image of her pulling her sleeves farther down keeps replaying in my head.
I still can't get over the fact that she didn't know who I was.
Luke Hemmings, bitches.
It's been a whole day since I ran into her at Starbucks. That was a little embarrassing.
Two days until my concert. Calum and Ashton are going insane, running around and video taping everything.
Meanwhile, Mikey and I just laugh at their stupidity.
Okay, maybe we joined in.
..I've seen a lot of beautiful girls, so why is Alyssa stuck in my head?
It's like those Disney songs that, no matter how hard you try, they will not come out of your head.
There's something about her...

Alyssa's POV
~~~~~~~~~
Well, my calculus homework was due last period, and I didn't do it.
Stupid cute Australian boy.
Who was he? He made me forget about my homework.
But, he bought me coffee!
I swear, I'm bipolar.
I shrug my jacket on and head to the dance room. Dance is my last period class.
I'm only wearing a jacket because of my scars. Nobody knows that I cut, which is a good thing. I don't want their pity.
I can't just wear bracelets to cover them up, because they cover my whole forearm.
I think people are starting to get suspicious.

My bare feet make soft slapping noises as I walk down the hall. The boys in the weight room whistle at me as I pass their classroom. I hold up my middle finger and shake it in their direction.
"Dayum!" One of them yells. I roll my eyes and sprint the rest of the way down the hallway, being as quiet as I can.
There's more catcalls as the rest of my dance class passes the weight room. Most of the girls giggle and wave at the boys.
Airheads.
I push open the door to the dance room, seeing Rhyen, already stretching on the floor.
"Hey, Rhy." I call. I sit next to her and begin my stretches.
About five minutes later, the teacher calls me over.
"Miss Chase, can I talk to you?" Mrs. Harkins asks.
Well, fuck. That's never good coming from a teacher.
I stand up and timidly start toward her desk.
"Yes?" I ask, trying to look nonchalant.
"I would like you to perform a solo piece at our upcoming recital. It can be any song, even one of your own invention." She says. "I've seen the way you dance during class, and I think you'd be a wonderful soloist."
Like I said, fuck.
"Of course, Mrs. Harkins. Thank you." I give her a curt nod before returning to Rhyen's side.
"I'm screwed, Rhy." I sigh.
"Oh, no. What happened?" She asks, sitting up.
"I have to do a solo." I say with disgust.
Don't get me wrong, I love to dance.
In front of people?
No.
Rhyen squeals.
"That's great! Everyone will be talking About it!" She gasps. "We'll be popular!"
I shudder. "Ew."
She laughs.
"It'll be fun, Alyssa. You'll see."

At the end of class, there's a sign up sheet for the solos.
She's expected me to choose by now?
I'm really screwed, now.
I guess I'll use a song that I wrote: Demons. {Yes, it's the Imagine Dragons one. We're just gonna pretend she wrote it. No copyright intended.}
Once I write it down, I walk back to Rhyen.
"Shit, Rhyen. I don't want to do this." I say.
"Language, Chase." Ashleigh Trainor giggles. "Wouldn't want me to tell on you, now would you?"
Rhyen forces a fake cough. "Bitch." She coughs.
Ashleigh rolls her eyes and turns back to her friends.
What are they talking about?
The concert.
The same one that Rhy and I are going to.
"Oh, my God. I'm praying that I can get a picture with Mikey." Taylor Sube says.
"Ooh, but what about Calum?" One of her friends adds. They all squeal.
"Well, my favorite is Ashton." Ashleigh smirks. "All I'm saying is, if he can break those drums by banging them, he can break the bed banging you." All of her friends erupt in a fit of giggles.
"Oh, Luke Hemmings." A girl says. They all sigh and swoon over his name.
Rhyen leans over to me. "If I see any of those airheads at the concert, can I throw a brick at them?" She whispers.
I snort, trying to stifle a laugh. "Yeah, and I'll join you."
She laughs good-naturedly and nudges me. "Are you excited to go?" She asks.
"Heck yeah." I tell her. "I wonder if Ashleigh got back-stage passes." I question.
"I doubt it. She's just going to look at them and wish she was up there." Rhy says.
I smirk. "So, Rhy, who's your favorite?" She sighs dramatically. "Calum Hood." I giggle. "Well, he has to pass my test before you two get serious."
She pretends to pout. "It's true love!" She whines. "And we all hate tests, so let's just skip that one."
I laugh. "True."
The bell rings, and Rhyen and I run to the locker room. I decide to change in the shower stall, and when I'm finished, Rhyen is standing there with my bag slung over her shoulder.
"Come on, you little sloth." She teases.
"Jeez, I'm coming." I smile. "And that insult was kind of sad." I add with a cocky smirk.
"Well, I have worse ones, like-"
"Nope!" I cut her off. "Sloth is pretty offensive, so I think you're good."
She grins triumphantly. "Hell yeah, I am."

As we climb into my car, I tell her about the boy at Starbucks.
"See, I told you, good things come from coffee." She says.
"Um, you never said that. You told me that you were going to get coffee without me." I point out.
She waves her hand dismissively. "Whatever. So, what was this incredibly hot Australian's name?" She asks.
"That's the thing; I don't know. He acted like I should know him. He was really surprised when I asked for his name."
She frowns. "Weird. Maybe he's from a local band?"
I laugh. "Probably. I'm gonna find out what band that is, just so I can listen to their accents." I tell her.
"Weirdo." She laughs.
"Thanks." I give her a cheeky smile.
I drop her off in front of her house, and she yells "Two more days!" As she runs to her front door.
"Call me!" She shouts. I give her a thumbs up and drive home. I greet Martha with a smile.
"Hey, how was school?" She asks, rummaging through our freezer for food.
"It was okay. I was assigned a dance solo today." I tell her.
"That's great! Unless you hate dance, of course." She smiles at me. She knows that I don't like performing in front of people.
"It might be fun, I guess." I say as I walk up the stairs.
She smiles and shakes her head slightly as I leave.

After I've gone to bed, a loud buzzing interrupts my sleep.
"Hello?" I ask groggily as I answer my phone. I didn't even bother to check caller ID.
"HAPPY FRIDAY!" Rhyen shouts through the other end of the phone.
"Rhy, it's..." I pause to check the time. "3:47 AM. Why the hell are you robbing me of my sleep?"
She laughs. "It's Friday, and I'm bored."
"It's nighttime, and I'm about to slit your throat." I warn.
She laughs again. "Okay, fine. Goodnight, grumpy sloth."
I hang up and slam my phone back onto the night stand, letting sleep envelop me once again.

Luke's POV
~~~~~~~~
I wake up to a bright light coming from the corner of my hotel room. I bury my head under the blankets and mumble some insults toward whoever is at my door. Suddenly, something hits my arm. I pull down the blanket and inspect it.
It's a tortilla chip.
"Mikey, it's like 4:00 in the morning, why are you throwing chips at me?" I ask.
He giggles and throws another chip.
"Go away, douchebag." I mutter, burrowing into my blankets again. He shuts the door.
A few minutes later, I'm awoken by the sound of Mikey cracking up. I groan and drag myself into our living room.
"Mikey, what now?" I whine.
A very sleepy Calum appears behind me.
"Mikey, turn off the damn Mean Girls and go to bed." He grumbles. He squints his eyes and retreats back to his room, me following suit.
"Goodnight, Lukey." Mikey says in a sing-song voice.
"I hate you." I grumble as I close my bedroom door.
Surprisingly, Mikey goes to bed and doesn't bug me all night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EW FILLER CHAPTERS
just kidding.
Anyway, here is the long awaited update!
What do you think is going to happen at the concert?!
thank you for reading!
-Annabeth