The Comedy Catastrophe (Night shift)

"And you're hired for the evening now. Just don't officially steal my job"
"I thought you'd be happy to have more help around the place?"
"We'll since i'm technically the only employ, i'm alway the employ of the month..."

Larry handed over a spare apron to Jacquelyn as he watched Kit and Jacques get the makeshift stage ready for the evening. They all assumed that not many people would come. The extent of guests they thought might show were the Baudelaires, Quagmires and maybe a few members of Count Olaf's Theater troupe yet the arrivals of may others was pleasant. Lucky that the Coffee shop was big and connected onto the bookstore next door which is the reason the Snickets could hold some bigger events than this. It just so happened that after Jacquelyn put on her apron the first group of people arrived as it consisted of many of the workers at Lucky Smells Lumber Mill with Phil in the middle as well as a pleasant surprise at the back of the group.

"I'll buy everyone a coffee then for a celebration? And as a goodluck for phil tonight!" One of the workers proclaimed as he walked up to the counter on took out quite a full wallet.

"You're fine, I'll buy," Another worker piped up as she began to go through her pockets. "keep all of it for your wife and kids, I only really have myself to spend for so it'll be a pleasure treating everyone."

"It's fine, none of you have to pay. I've got this..." A very familiar and soft voice perked up as a man began pushing through to the front of the group. Charles managed to smile a bit as he started to hear the orders of being asked for by the workers. "Evening Larry... and Jacquelyn? well hey there. Could we maybe get three cappuccinos, a black coffee and just a milky tea for myself... Oh, and a diet pepsi, almost left you out Phil!"

"Wow Charles, I really didn't expect you to come so soon after the other day," Kit raised an eyebrow as she approached everyone, leaving Olivia to help out Jacques. "It's pretty good seeing you though, and everyone else!"

"It was Phil's idea to have a bunch of us go out together for your little comedy night to watch him... that and he believed i should probably go out a bit to get used to the 'single life.'" Charles nervously chuckled a bit as he did the air quotes around 'single life' before paying for the drinks. "He's making it seem like i'll find someone else so fast after... that's not going to be the case of course, though seeing this will hopeful do me some good..."

Jacquelyn covered her mouth for a moment as she thought, holding back from adding a comment on the subject as she began to help Larry with the drinks. "Maybe everyone is gonna be here to deal with relationship problems. You and Jacquelyn are whilst me? Well lets just say i'm getting to see my ex in drag... It's a shame my actual boyfriend won't be here but then again he and his brothers have a lot going on." Kit shrugged as most of the group that had walked in before, apart from Phil and Charles, found places to sit. They were early when it came to watching the comedy commence but it's always great to be early rather than late.

A few minutes later when people had settled in and the stage was finally after some trial and era, and help from violet who came in with her mother and siblings, more patriots had entered. The aforementioned Baudelaires as well as the Quagmires had arrived along with Monty with Gustav and Josephine with Ike. Following a few more minutes, as assumed, Count Olaf turned up with his troupe whilst one of the members had arrived just a bit later with his sister who seemed to begin to argue with Violet a bit. The final person to arrive didn't actually come through the front but surprised his sister by coming through the back.

"She here?" Lemony smiled a bit as Kit rolled her eyes from jumping a little at the sudden appearance of him.

"Yes, she came earlier with the children. Speaking of that, apparently Quigley Quagmire may be calling out members of the audience so be ready to participate in something." Kit smirked just a bit, crossing her arms. "Unless the plan is to hide in the shadows and not interact with anyone...?"