DONT TOUCH HER (2)

"It's okay, mama. I got you."
    — Prince Murewa

"I don't think you should overexert yourself today because you didn't come out to train yesterday," Jamal said from his position on the bench in the clearing. "It doesn't work like that."

They already finished the general training session hours ago and were almost done with their private session. It was already a few minutes to eleven a.m. and Jamal was wondering why Murewa was going on and on like he wanted to kill himself.

As expected, Murewa didn't respond, he did the last set of push-ups and jumped to his feet. "Pack up and let's go."

"Pack up and let's go?" Jamal echoed in surprise. "Are you a machine? You need to rest."

"Pack up and let's go," Murewa repeated and began to walk up the path leading back to the Palace.

They walked in silence, and Jamal parted ways with Murewa just before they turned into the Prince's quarters. Murewa walked the remaining distance to his door and slipped into the room.

His tray of food was there but Abike was annoyingly absent. He didn't want to think too deeply about why her absence angered him, so he quickly took his bath and wolfed down his food.

The meeting at the Great Throne Room already started a few minutes ago, and since he was already late, there was no harm in taking his time. Murewa decided to relax for a few more minutes.

                                   ***

Abike stood pensively behind the empty chair. This was the first time she would be serving the Prince in the Great Throne Room and he chose today to be absent.

She didn't think he was coming since he was already an hour late. No one in the meeting had mentioned his name but she could feel it hanging like a cloud.

She was grateful she wasn't serving Minister Jolayemi today. He seemed to be in a touchy mood and was giving his assigned server a very hard time. It was probably his broken leg that was hurting and making him so aggressive.

Abike tapped the smooth edge of the empty chair impatiently, wishing this meeting would be over so she could go check up on him. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about him since yesterday. The way he had looked at her, the gentle way he had spoken to her. She was convinced that although he acted like an ass, he wanted her.

The door swung open and from across the table, she saw Minister Jolayemi and all the Minister freeze for a second, before hurriedly continuing their food.

She knew it was him. She could feel his energy, his virility —alive and breathing, tugging at her.
She turned in his direction and their gazes clashed. "Good afternoon, My Prince," she greeted and got no reply.

He sat at the suddenly too quiet table, oblivious to the tension his entry brought into the room. Maybe he wasn't oblivious and just didn't care.

"You are late, Balogun," the Grandfather said finally. The Prince didn't respond.
"Minister Adesogo, can you update the Prince on the mining process of the new gold site?" The Grandfather implored, spooning food into his mouth.

The Minister dropped his spoon and dabbed at his mouth with a napkin before turning to the Prince.
"I was just saying in a few weeks, the miners would be done with their work and we can finally distribute the gold bars. The good news is that the mine contains more than we expected and would be able to sustain us for a few years." Minister Adesogo finished. The Prince acknowledged him with a nod.

"Balogun..." the Grandfather called. "Maybe we would go check it out later?" The Prince nodded again.

"Open the tray, let the Prince eat his food," the King ordered and Abike jumped forward to uncover the dish. Murewa shook his head slightly and pushed the tray away. Abike wondered why he was being exceedingly quiet today as she replaced the cover on the tray.
No one said anything.