Secrects Revealed (Prologue)

Ok so here is the prologue to John and Katherine's story. I must caution you that this story will be more adult than Only in my Dreams. If you are reading this before reading Only in my Dreams, I must ask you to go back and read it because it explains how these two characters end up where they are now. Please enjoy and vote and comment to let me know what you think!!!!

**********************************************************************************************************

Prologue

Stepping out of the government vehicle, First Sergeant John Stevens saluted the driver then grabbed his bag. After taking a bullet in the shoulder, John was home on leave, his orders to rest while his shoulder was healing so he could be ready to go again in a few weeks. He was definitely happy to be home though; he was tired of looking at all that sand in the desert. He took a deep breath, relishing in the fresh country air, even the air was different than what he was used to.

John carefully walked into the little brick house that he purchased the last time he was home and checked all the rooms. Even being home, he couldn't break the habit. The lake house his parents owned was nice and quiet but he didn't like the drive required just to get groceries. His good friend Kyle Bryan had told him about this house and after seeing it, he purchased it three days later.

He dropped his bag on his bed after checking all the rooms; he would put away his clothes later. Grabbing the house phone by the bed, John makes the first call he usually makes as soon as he gets home. It had been a few months since he had been able to get a good drunk on so he was about due for one.

"Hello?" A deep voice from the other end sounds.

"Hey man, I'm home." He says.

"Well, it's about damn time! Good to hear your voice. I figured you would be gone for a long time after your last leave." Kyle states.

John took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

"Yeah, I thought so too. I need to get a good drunk going, you going to be at Joe's?"

"Sure, give me thirty minutes and I'll be there." Kyle hangs up before John could say anything more.

John walked back to his bag to get out some clothes. A nice, hot shower would feel great to his aching should, he thought. His shoulder was the only reason he was home but in a few weeks he would back in combat. Right back in hell but first he had to take care of someone who has been running from him for too long now; Katherine Reiner.

The little five and a half foot, blue eyed witch would be his and tonight the chase would end, she just didn't know it yet. For six long years, she's been running from him and his touch. Hell, he had been a walking hard on since the day he had laid his eyes on her tiny little body in a too skimpy bikini. Yep, when it came to her, all his senses were shot to hell.

Stepping out of the shower, he quickly dressed. He knew Katherine would be at Joe's tonight. It was Saturday night and the only thing to do in this town was to go to the bar, so yeah his little witch would be there and if she wasn't then he would have to find her.

John had been waiting six years to have a taste of her. The only reason he had waited and played her little game was because he was too damn old for her to begin with. The first time he had saw her she had been sixteen years old to his twenty four years. She was a baby then and he had no right to think the thoughts that had ran through his head but she wasn't a baby any longer. He was a hungry man now, who needed to quench his taste for her.

Every time he was home on leave, she would make it a point to be around him in some way and she made damn sure she tortured the shit out of him. Whether it was with the clothes she would wear or the little touches that she had to sneak but her time was up now and it was damn time he did some torturing of his own starting tonight...