Secrets Revealed (Chapter 4)

Sorry this chapter is so short but I wanted to save the rest for the next chapter. Thanks again for the votes and comments! Now please enjoy!!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 4

Katherine left Amy's in a better mood than when she had arrived. She wanted to have a talk with John tonight about why they never discussed having kids before. She knew he would be a great dad. He was always so good with Ben when he was around.

Pulling into the driveway, Katherine decided that she would do something nice for John since she locked him out of the bedroom last night. She got out of the car and he cell phone started to ring. And it had to be that the bottom of her purse too, she thought.

"Hello?" She answered right before it could go to voicemail.

"Are you home?" John asked on the other end.

"I just walked inside. You sound mad."

Katherine could tell something was bothering him by his tone.

"It's nothing baby. Will you be ready by the time I get there? I want to take you to lunch." John asked sweetly changing his tone.

"Uh sure, I'll be ready. Are you sure everything is okay?" Katherine questioned.

"Yes everything's fine. I'll see you in a few." John hung up before she could question him any further.

Katherine looked at the phone with a weird expression. She knew something was bothering him but couldn't do anything about it if he wasn't willing to spill the beans...

****************************************************************************************************

John knew he couldn't hide his little secret too much longer if Hobbs knew about it. He wouldn't put it pass the bastard to call his wife and tell her. John reassured himself once again that it wasn't his fault about what happened to the girl. He hadn't had a clue that he had walked right into an ambush trying to save her. Damn Hobbs for throwing this shit back in his face.

John tried to push the memories to the back of his mind. His shoulder started to ache at the thoughts running through his head. It had been five years since he had felt an actual pain there but the memories reminded him of the bullet he had taken there. He needed to tell Katherine before she heard it from another source. Well so much for trying to save his marriage, he thought. Katherine wouldn't want him back when she found out.

John turned into the driveway a short time later, to see his wife sitting in the swing reading a book. He got out as she lifted her head, a small smile tugged at her lips. He saw down beside her and started to swing them.

"I quit my job today and took the sheriff's position." He said to her.

"I already know. The sheriff called Kyle and he told me about it while I was over there."

Well hell, he should have known she would already know.

"Are you okay with that; quitting that job?" Katherine asked.

Hell yeah he was; anything to get away from Hobbs.

"I told you baby, I'll do anything to save us; anything at all."

"Even if I told you I wanted to have a baby?" Katherine looked over to him.

John stopped swinging as soon as her heard the word 'baby'. He had never really thought about being a dad. Sure, he loved kids and he could picture Katherine with a rounded belly but now thinking about it, it kind of scared this shit out of him. He had too many issues to be a father.