Secrets Revealed (Chapter 2)

Here's the next chapter guys. I didn't proof read this or edit it so if there are mistakes, I apologize. Enjoy and let me know what you think! Also, I'm throwing up a caution for this chapter b/c there is some sexual content! Please enjoy!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

Katherine sat in the passenger seat, nervously playing with her hands. She hadn't been this nervous since saying her vows on her wedding day. She recalled that proud look in her husband's eyes when she recited her vows to him. One of the vows she had promised was to always have patience and never give up on him and she almost broke it.

She glanced at John and took in his features once again. Chocolate brown eyes that never missed anything, chestnut brown hair with just a hint of gray and a hard, lean body that made her mouth water every time she looked at him. The man made her weak in the knees and she couldn't suppress the shiver that rolled through her at the thought of him naked. NO! She needed to get those thoughts out of her head right now. There would be no sex, only talking; her body started to protest.

"What are you thinking Katherine?" John asked looking over at her.

She was thinking about all those lonely nights that she had been without her husband, without his touch.

"Nothing I care to discuss right now." She needed some air and fast.

"Are you sure about that?"

No, she wasn't but she wouldn't tell him that.

"Yes, I'm sure." She responded in a clipped tone.

She started to get mad at herself for feeling this way and mad at him for having this kind of effect on her. Guess that's what she gets for going so long without him.

John pulled the truck down a dirt road that led to a small creek that they had found not long after they started dating. The two would spend hours down by the creek talking about anything that came to mind. The closer they got, the more nervous Katherine became, mostly because she was unsure of how things would turn out between them.

John parked the truck, got out and walked out to the back to let the tailgate down. Katherine stepped out; a cool breeze hitting her face and making her shiver. She took a sheet next to John and waited for him to start the conversation.

"I remember spending hours out here with you. Hell, even the fights we had out here." John stated with a small smile.

She remembered also but it wasn't like it had been that long ago. They had only been married for four years now.

"I remember too. Most of the time, we were at peace out here. I never wanted to leave." She said as she tried to hold back the tears.

John took a deep breath before he continued.

"Baby, I never meant to hurt you and the reason I never told you about the job was I didn't want you to worry."

"John it's my job to worry. I'm your wife, that's in the job description."

John chuckled a little at her remark.

"But, I won't watch the nightmares destroy you. I can't and I know they will start up again if they haven't already."

Katherine glanced over to John. She knew it was only a matter of time before they would be back.

"I understand. I've been thinking about that and I think it would be a good idea for me to go see a therapist about them. Maybe that will help me a little." John paused for a second.