Secrets Revealed (Chapter 14)

Sorry this chapter is a little short and unfortionately it is the last but there will be an epilogue coming! So glad you guys have enjoyed the series and I truly couldn't have made it this far without all the support from you guys! Please enjoy the last chapter!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 14

Three weeks later

With the sun setting in the background over the lake, Katherine stood beside her husband, hand in hand, smiling at him as they renewed their vows in front of God, their family and friends. John looks so handsome in the black tux she had to beg him to wear but he did, for her. He hadn’t taken his eyes off her since she walked down the aisle for the second time. As soon as she reached him, she saw a small tear roll down his cheek and that one tear caused her own to fall. The preacher’s voice brought Katherine out of her thoughts.

“The couple has chosen to renew their vows on this wonderful evening before God and all of you.”

He nodded to John to go first. Taking a deep breath, her husband began.

“Katherine, you are my whole world. You keep me grounded and knock me around when I get out of line.”

Katherine giggled at his words and his nervous face lit up.

“But most importantly, you are my reason for living. I promise you no more secrets. I will always be there when you need me and I will never leave your side. Baby, I love you so much and I will be the husband to you I should have been all along. This I promise you now and always.”

Katherine couldn’t hold back the tears she had been fighting any longer. She smiled up at her husband.

“Katherine” The preacher gestured toward her to start.

Before she began, John reached up to wipe the tears streaming down her face.

“John, you are the best thing that has happened to me. I thank God every day that he made you just for me. I want to grow old with you. I want us to be that couple sitting on their porch madly in love with each other fifty years later. You mean the world to me and I promise to be there for you for the rest of our lives. I love you more than words can describe and will love you even in death. Not even death will tear us apart.”

The preacher stepped back up in front of the couple again. Katherine saw the pride and happiness that was shining on her husband’s face.

“In front of God and all these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife, again.”

John reached over and grabbed Katherine’s face, pulling her to his lips.

“Oh baby, you really don’t know how much I love you.” John said against her lips.

“I love you too, more than anything.”

John tucked her arm under his and escorted her down the aisle. She had been waiting for a week for the small reception. She wanted to reveal the good news that she had received a few short days before to him and thought that would be the best time. Their life had changed now and thank God it was for the better…

****************************************************************************************************

John twirled his wife around on the makeshift dance floor. She was beautiful with her hair in soft curls cascading down her back and the white, simple floor length dress she had picked out for their special day. Little twinkle lights sparkled brightly around them as he enjoyed the closeness of her body.