Secrets Revealed (Chapter 9)

Okie dokie peeps, first off I'm about half asleep so there was no editing tonight; sorry. Secondly, there was a chapter in Only in my Dreams that I dedicated to Maskedducky. Why do you ask, because she is simply awesome, so this chapter I want to dedicate to someone else. Melsworld, this one is for you girl! At the end of the chapter is the new side of John I promised. Hope you guys enjoy and as usual, vote and/or comment to let me know what you guys think!

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 9

Katherine stared at John a little confused about the question he just popped. They were already married; they never got a divorce when they separated. Hell, they had never even talked about it because deep down they both knew they would be back together.

"Honey, we are already married or did you forget?" She asked smiling over at him.

He shook his head in response.

"Trust me, I never would forget that but I think after tomorrow, once everything is settled, we could renew our vows. It doesn't have to be anything big, just us if you want it to be."

Katherine let his words sink in. After all that had happened between them, she thought that would be a fantastic idea. She would promise him the world if it meant him staying by her side.

"I'll make you a deal, you come home to me in one piece and then we can renew our vows but give me a few days to figure out all the details." She said smiling.

John kissed her on the cheek.

"You have a deal there Mrs. Stevens. I promise to come home to you in one piece." John promised.

"You do realize we skipped that wonderful looking dinner you made." Katherine said with a chuckle.

"I would much rather be here in bed with you, baby, I vote we stay here for the rest of the night."

Katherine smiled at the thought. She wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of the night lying in her husband's arms where she belonged, where she would always belong...

****************************************************************************************************

John woke up early the next morning with Katherine's body wrapped around his. It was the first time in a long time he woke up happy and refreshed; the first time in a long time he was at peace. He felt like he could conquer the world today and with that thought, the reality of what would go down today came crashing down on him. He would love to do nothing more than lay here in bed with his wife but he had to get his game face on.

Slipping out of bed, he took a quick shower while leaving a sleeping Katherine in bed. She looked too peaceful to wake up; she looked beautiful with her blonde hair covering the pillow. He should start caller her sleeping beauty, he thought and smiled.

John dried off then found the shirt and pair of shorts to throw on until he got word of where he was supposed to be later. Looking at the clock in the kitchen a few moments later, he figured he wouldn't hear from Miller until after ten. It was only eight now so he had two hours to kill.

As soon as he picked up the coffee pot to fill with water, a knock sounded at the door. Not taking any chances, he grabbed the Glock that he kept hidden in one of the coffee tables in the living room. He checked through the peep hole to see Kyle standing on the other side.

He unlocked the door to let his best friend in. Kyle stepped inside and noticed the gun at John's side.

"You expecting company or have I pissed you off?" Kyle asked with a chuckle.