<04>

Riverdale High. One of two high schools in this town, this is where all the preppy idiots went. I guess I fell some where in that category, it being the school for the Northside.

I've barely talked to Archie and by the time I woke up this morning, Betty was gone.

I groaned, getting a quick shower and making myself presentable for school.

I decided to go wear a black cropped KoRn t-shirt and a black skater girl skirt. Grabbing my black combat boots, I make my way downstairs.

The walk to school was quiet, and I didn't mind it. My music was keeping me company, I was too busy making my own music video in my head to care anyway. What I didn't like, was when I was walking to my locker, there was an abundance of students, wearing white t-shirts with a red circle on it.

For fuck's sake, Archie.

I push my way through the crowd, Cheryl handed me a t-shirt, "You should wear this, Peachy, it'll make go really well with your skirt."

As much as I admired Cheryl, which wasn't much until I found out she was my cousin, she couldn't get me to wear that awful t-shirt. I grabbed it anyway, I'll probably use the fabric for something later.

Then, I saw Veronica, looking proudly over the crowd, and Archie, who had a nervous look on his face. Some anger rushed over me, remembering the video, the football team suspension. He couldn't stop, he was spiraling faster than we can catch him

Making my way in front if them, Veronica's attention turned to me.

"Oh my, what's wrong, Peach? Can't pull off a scoop neck?" She smiled. I've expressed my opinion towards thw Red Circle before. I didn't like it. At all. Archie putting himself out like that made me so concerned and angry at him I couldn't control it. His dad just got out of the hospital for being shot and he wants to put a target on him.

I smiled, filled with the same amount of venom her's was, "I don't do white."

I tossed the t-shirt over her shoulder, giving one last fake smile, before turning and walking away, marching my way to class, mulling over how Veronica seemed so, mean. I guess it's habit with the crowd she ran with in New York, but for some reason, everything she said seemed to have a double meaning to me. She always seened to have an alterier motive, something she's hiding.

Like father, like daughter, I guess.

Science class came around, something I was not happy for.

In the middle of class, Principle Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller came in.

"We apologize for interupting, but we need to speak with Archie Andrews in the hall," Mr. Weatherbee announced.

Archie stood up, Veronica stopped him, taking the fall for the Red Circle t-shirts.

"That's very honourable of you, Miss Lodge, but this isn't about t-shirts."

My table partner, Dilton Doiley, tensed.

This scrawny fucker knew something.

I elbowed him. He turned to me, rubbing his ribs as I rose my eyebrow.

"What do you know, Doiley?"

"Nothing, what would make you believe I know something?"

I narrowed my eyes, he looked unwavering, but his eyes gave him away.

"An innocent man doesn't tense up when his quote, "friend", is being questioned, unless they know something."

We had a stare down for about a minute. He seemed to slowly shrink, I was breaking him down.