5

FRIDAY 4TH, DAN

I stared into Olivia’s beautiful, shimmering eyes that were hiding behind her glasses, for a few moments, before a smile was stapled to my face. A strand of hair managed to drop down in front of her face. I tucked it behind her ear. Her eyes gazed back into mine, and she whispered sweetly, "Thank you,"

"What have I done?"

"This," she began. "Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before. I mean quite honestly I can't believe this is actually happening. I've never met anyone quite like you before."

"Probably because you don't deal with boys." I teased, mocking what she had told me from when I first met her, which was actually only 30 minutes before. "So...?"

"So what?" she queried, not knowing what I was on about.

"So does this mean I've proved to you that boys aren't all the same ‘rude, self centred idiots’?"

'Hmmm...I'm not quite sure," she laughed. Her innocent, little giggle was like music to my ears. "Let's see, what else can you do?"

"This?" I questioned, before leaning closer into her, closing the distance between us, and perching my lips against hers. The tension was unbearable, I had to do it. I sucked on her bottom lip, with not too much pressure in case she thought I was being too passionate. Had I just made a big mistake doing that? I didn't want to give her the wrong impression. Clearly not as she returned the kiss, bolts of electricity raced through my body. It was magical. I felt as though I was walking on air, this was not like any other kiss I’d had with any other girl. But then it got me thinking…I had only just met her. What was I doing?

I knew it was too good to be true. She forcefully pulled away, pushing my chest away from her, and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. I stared at her blankly, confused.

"I'm sorry, I...I just...I can't." She tilted her head to the floor and ran off.

"Wait!" I called, about to chase after her but she was too quick. What just happened? I looked around but couldn’t see anybody I recognised, which was shocking considering I was quite popular, not to boast. The only option I had was to leave; it wasn’t that great of a school dance anyway. My head was pounding, the music was extremely loud and a ton of thoughts were whizzing through my mind. 

Running out of the hall, past many couples, I lead myself into the quieter, blue room where I first met Olivia. I saw the storage cupboard. I smiled at it then proceeded to run out of the school. I went past the "Peterbound Academy" sign and I found myself in the car park. I phoned my ever-so-caring mother to pick me up; she promised she would be no more than 10 minutes. I decided to sit on the small, brick wall which was about a metre high. 
There I was, pondering over what had just taken place in the last hour.

Lost in thought, the sound of a car horn made me jump in shock. The strawberry-blonde, medium length hair drooped down my mother's chest. She smiled at me with a closed mouth and beckoned me to come over, as she was approximately 10 metres away. I got in the front passenger seat of the black BMW and my mum greeted me with, "Hi honey, how was it?"

"It was alright I suppose," I told her as I pulled my seat belt across my body. We started to drive back home.

"How comes you wanted me to pick you up now, it's not even finished yet? And you went on your own didn't you? Was Rory there by the way?"

So many questions were raised and my head couldn't cope with it all. "Yeah, no, um, Rory couldn’t come.  Mum please he's my best friend, not my boyfriend."

"Oh I know darling, he's just such a lovely boy and you two get on so well. I was just wondering that's all."

"Sorry," I apologized for being in such a foul mood. "There's just someone else on my mind."