21

WEDNESDAY 9TH, OLIVIA

Eventually, I came back around. “W-who’s that, Dan?” Of course I knew full well who it was.

“Oh, umm…I’m not entirely sure but I think he is the son of one of my dad’s friends.”

“Your dad’s friend?”

“Yeah my dad is really close to his dad.” I thought my ears were lying to me. But ears don’t lie.

“You mean his dad is here?”

“Not here as in at the party but they left a couple of years ago and now they’ve moved back in town. Robbie and his dad were back in town. I was about to live my worst nightmare.

My head remained facing the floor as I attempted to hide myself from Robbie. Just my luck, as I looked up, Robbie’s eyes met mine. There was an awfully long pause. I knew he recognised me. He knew I recognised him. Our eyes were locked on each others’. Everything else seemed to have faded; it was quiet and time was moving slowly. The atmosphere was tense and uneasy. I felt pessimistic. To say I was shocked is an understatement. He had a neutral facial expression the whole time and, at once, he smirked evilly. He then put down the glass he was holding, twirled round and strolled off.

“I’m just going to quickly pop to the toilet.” I lied.

“Okay, don’t be long.” Dan replied.

I wasn’t going to the toilet at all. In fact, I was building up the courage and the bravery to confront Robbie. I headed in the direction he was standing previously. His half-full glass of alcohol had a post-it note attached to the bottom which read,

‘Balcony’

I was attempting to not be seen by Dan. After all, I was supposed to be going to the toilet. I rested the glass back on the coffee table and made my way to the balcony where nobody, but one person, was there. It was Robbie.