20

WEDNESDAY 9TH, OLIVIA

Kay’s place was a fairly large apartment. The main living room, where we all were, was a sparsely furnished room. Therefore, there was ample amount of space for movement. One door lead into the kitchen, another into the bathroom and another onto the balcony.

As I arrived, I saw Dan already there. He was standing with a straight back talking with some other men. A pair of blue jeans fit perfectly around his legs. He wore a white t-shirt, followed by a black blazer; a mix between smart and casual. He swivelled around and saw me enter the front door. A smile formed on his face, making his cheekbones brilliantly distinctive. We both began to come towards each other. We fist-bumped again; that’s our thing when we greet one another.

He scanned my outfit and I froze. What did he think? “Showing your legs, eh?!” I had no tights on, meaning my legs were bare…and a bit chilly. “    Sexy,” he joked.

Music played softly in the background and there was already about 20 people there. I knew of some people but not well enough to hold a conversation. I glued myself to Dan most of the time. Guests were still arriving, even at 10pm.

The last person to arrive walked in and my heart dropped. Everything around me was in fast-forward…but I stood motionless in the middle of it all. My eyes stuck on his face. My brain kept trying to tell me it wasn’t true. I didn’t even feel blood bumping around my body anymore. I felt my lungs not working; they longed for fresh air. I was finding it hard to breathe. Flash backs of the past raced through my mind. I stood as still as a statue. My eyes must have been fibbing. I wish they were but they weren’t. How? Why? What was going on? Seeing his face yet again was like déjà-vu. It really was him, wasn’t it? He was back. Robbie was back.