Rehersals and Simple Waltz Squares.

Chapter 16

~Katniss POV~

"One two three four, one two three four, Katniss, stay with the beat!"

"God, just, shit, sorry, that's your foot,"

"It's fine Kat, you're getting it,"

"ONE TWO THREE FOUR, KATNISS," I burst from Peeta's arms, turning on Effie.

"YOU KNOW EFFIE, IT'S KINDA HARD TO CONCENTRATE WHEN ALL I HEAR IN MY EAR IS, ONE TWO THREE FOUR, ONE TWO THREE FOUR," I yell, slamming my hands rhythmically like she was.

"Katniss, it's a simple waltz square," she tries saying calmly. "Come on, Peeta and I will show you again." She says, replacing me in Peeta's arms.

"Whoop, better look out, Katniss, Effie's swooping in to steal you man." Finnick says from the couch, making Finn in his lap giggle unknowingly and Annie swat her husband's shoulder.

I just roll my eyes irritably, crossing my arms defensively over my chest and leaning against the recliner.

It's Wednesday, three days from the wedding. Later tonight is our rehearsal, but for now, Effie (in full Capitol couture, may I add,) is giving Peeta and I our 'First Dance Practice.'

Let's just say that it's not going so well on my end.

At our Victory Tour, the dancing was simple, swaying, two step moves that were a breeze.

Effie insisted we do something else for our wedding.

'The swaying is good, but it's always good to have other dances, too!'

Peeta and his damn prosthetic have this waltz step down flat. It's me that's dragging us behind.

Finnick, Annie, and Finn are here, as Finnick puts it, to kindly critique us.

That's Finnick talk if I ever heard it for 'we're here to laugh when you mess up.'

"You see, it's ONE two three four, ONE two three four," Effie explains, doing the oh-so-simple box step. I scowl at their feet as they move swiftly and and surely, like they've been walking like that their whole damn lives. "Just follow Peeta's lead."

"GOSH Katniss, just follow the guy!" Finnick teases, earning another swat from Annie.

"You know, you're really not helping." I bite. Annie looks up at him.

"You know babe, you're really not." She says. He just chuckles, pulling her closer to his side.

"Okay okay. I'll lay off."

"Thanks." I bite bitterly, taking Effie's spot once more. Peeta smiles reassuringly at me, his large hands taking my waist and and hand.

"You've got it, Kat. You know the steps, you just need to put them together." He whispers. I roll my eyes and shrug.

"Whatever you say." I mumble.

"Readyyy! A one, two three go!" Effie sings, clapping rhythmically as Peeta starts leading me through the dance, me watching my feet the whole time. "Hey now! There you go, you're finally getting it!" Effie exclaims excitedly.

"What did I tell you?" Peeta chuckles, smacking a big, wet kiss to my cheek. I laugh and push his face away. "Not trusting me on your abilities, what's a relationship without trust?" He exclaims, smacking a hand to his forehead dramatically. I laugh at him and rest my cheek on his chest.

"Good job, Katniss!" Annie says, smiling reassuring up at me. I grin at her and she looks up at the smirking Finnick. "What, can you only give sassy comments?" She asks him.