Chapter 7, A Family's Lullaby

// Music Above  (://

Chapter 7,

A Family's lullaby

Warnings;
-Fluff
-Fluff
-And more fluff

--------

The cafe lied ahead, deep within the Imagination, its pastel pink paint glistening in the first golden rays of the day. Roman could see the rain drops that clung, jewel-like to to the name, "Misfits." Outside the sidewalk that will bustle in a few short hours is quiet, the concrete oblivious to whether it is midday or midnight..
His face smirks upward at the sight of the flower planter to the right, the residents of the newfound group had put in new blooms that would give them flashes of sunny yellows and hot pinks through the springtime.

If Roman stopped walking right now, he could almost hear the heartbeat of the city or well.. the Other's referring to the 'light sides', quiet, like the ticking of an old Grandfather clock, though he eventually walked back inside, quietly shutting the door behind himself as he topk a deep breath of relief, the calming walk through the Imagination obviously having had done wonders to him as he smiled, skipping over to the living room to binge watch Disney films.

Before the day had started for the masses Emile was already in the kitchen, fully dressed and ready to go. Outside it is as black as night, only by the clock could he tell the difference between the time to sleep and the time to rise. The dawn would come as he walked to the garden, lighting his way first in monochrome and then with subtle hues of colour. He would be at the gardens long before the day was bright. After all, he missed the many subtle greens of the trees and the grasses, longing for the multitude of vibrant hues from the various flower fields, the sky and even his own vegetable and fruit gardens.
Under the artificial glow of the street-lamps they are bright and colourful. By the time he left for home, it will be well onto twilight, I can only hope for a sunset, a burnt orange sky to warm my fitful dreams.

Remy was next to awaken, gently sliding out of his bed, managing to get a decent sleep of three hours, which honestly.. was a huge upgrade for him as he hummed beneath his breath, smiling lightly as he pulled on his glasses, taking a moment to open his eyes and relish in the colour that painted the room from head to toe as he stepped foot outside of his room, kindly and quietly shutting the door behind himself, not wanting to awaken any nearby sleepers in the process.

In the cafè the air was more delicious than any flavour, somehow the aroma captures everything good in there: the filter coffee, the various cakes, the danish pastries.. The blend is perfection, but as a mixture of flavours they would be terrible- “coffee-cake-pastry”, Remy didn't think so somehow. It's the kind of place he could sit in for hours, the air so perfumed without chemicals.. He wished he could eat it, that his palate was as sophisticated as his sense of smell..

He turned, stepping into the kitchen his padded feet making no sound as he shuffled in, fluffy black slippers warming his feet despite the layer of socks he wore beneath them.
He could never understand why..  but no matter what, the sensation of walking or even his bare feet touching anything except a bathtub or shower just made him grimace, even the quick drying of his feet after showers was enough to make him shudder and turn away.

His own body..

But damn, did he hate it...

Anyway..

The familiar smell of filter coffee rose and dissipated into the crisp air, Remy's nose tingling with the usual morning flavor. He watched the skilled hand of the coffee maker pour just the right amounts of everything into the cup, being too lazy to do it himself and too cold to step outside into the cool morning air to get Emile from the gardens just to make him something as he knew that would seem selfish..
Along with the fact he couldn't exactly summon anything at that moment in time, not having the strength to do so..

Wisps of hazy white rose from the hot brown liquid as Remy took the warm cup into his hands, his tense muscles relaxing as he sipped slowly at his coffee. The smell of freshly grounded coffee beans stimulated every single feeling of bliss in him.. He drank it slowly and admitted to himself that his addictive tongue whirled around the very existence of coffee.

Remus was next, gently slipping out of the sleeping regressor's arms as they made their way to the kitchen,  groggily yawning as they did so.
"Mornin' gurl, how did you sleep babes?"
Remus smiled warmly, a rare sight to see.. though, a comforting feeling that came with it, sending Remy at ease as he pushed himself up onto the counter, watching them curiously.
"I slept okay, better than normal so.. that's a plus too."

Remy nodded softly, watching as Remus slipped over, rummaging through the neatly tidied cabinets  as they soon found what they were looking for, taking out two mugs, one for themselves and a sippy cup for Logan as he began to make the chocolate-y drink.

Hot milk, cocoa, sugar - sometimes the most simple of things are the best. Standing over the pan they watched the small curls of steam rise into the crisp air, though the fire is warming the room quickly. Remus stirring a little, letting their mind wander as they did so. Them soon laying down the mugs with a clink to the counter and glances over as they heard the soft shuffling at the top of the stairs, bringing a grin, noticing Logan waddling down the steps blanket wrapped around him tightly, almost like a cape.
So, Remus looked away, failing to suppress a small laugh at the adorable sight.

Logan eventually toddled over, Remy helping to secure the blanket around him properly so he wouldn't fall over it as he walked and so he didn't have to hold it in place, the sleepy boy noticing the smell of hot chocolate as he sleepily and disorientatingly glancing around before his eyes landed on his sippy cup, yawning as he did so, brushing his teeth before it all as he knew his dad's rules.

The hot chocolate is more like melted belgian truffle than the stuff my Remy would've served teh sleepy regressor, though, he doesn't compalin.. Its dark, rich and coated his tongue thickly before flowing down his throat.. The top is swirled with white milk foam and spotted with cocoa powder. It honeelstly smelt like Charlie's Chocolate factory and Logan was torn between wanting to savour it and inhale it. For some moments, he just wrapped his hands around the ceramic mug, letting the warmth flow through my fingers, branding the small chill in the room.

Though..

One thing always tainted Remus's mind..

He was never sure why, but he could recall the voices loud and clear..

"Despite choosing to make it last it is gone too soon. I know before I leave my chair I will be back here tomorrow for another. Some things are too good to have just once—!"

He didn't want to wait until tomorrow..