Khao Yai

“I like shiny things but I’d marry you with paper rings, uh-uh, that’s right. Darling, you’re the one I want. . .” Yaya continues to sing, a small smile on her face. They are currently heading to Midwinter to buy some foods for their picnic.

“And I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this.” She stays her eyes on Nadech as she sings this part, her mind having a replay of the moment she first laid her eyes on him. That day when she doesn’t know where to place her things backstage because a tall and skinny man was occupying four of the chairs, all lined up as he laid there, sleeping. She ended up putting her bag on the floor, only retreating after sparing him another quick glance.

The boy clad with a black shirt and faded jeans, paired up with a vandalized sneakers. The scribbles were kinda off for her, but it was actually the thing that made that particular moment memorable. The thing that she remembered her first encounter with this teen that stole her heart.

“You’re so in love with me.” She wakes up from her trance after hearing his voice, chuckling as she admits, “guilty.”

“But don’t worry, I’m guiltier.” He winks at her, his dimples burying on his cheeks deeper. “Because if loving you is a crime, I am damn certain I would be imprisoned for life.” He says, making her heart skip a beat. He reaches for her hand, intertwining their fingers before he rests it on top of her thigh, his other hand on the steering wheel. “Is your favorite food corn?” She jokes but he just smiles.

“If I kneel down on one knee with a paper ring on my hand asking you to marry me, would you still say yes?” She furrows her brows at his query, a confused and amused look on her face.

“Do you even consider that a question?” She responds, caressing the back of his hand. “Of course, I would.” She confirms, eyes still on him.

“Even if it’s just made out of a scratch paper?” He asks further, amusing her for his sudden random questions.

“Even if you just wear an imaginary ring on my finger, my answer would never change. It’s always a yes to a lifetime with you.” She reassures, her voice masked with sincerity.

She senses that he has the question ‘why?’ on his mind so she answers it without waiting for him to voice it out. “Because in this world where everything has constant changes and full of uncertainties, you are the only one I am sure of the second I laid my eyes on you. As cheesy as it might sounds to be, my love for you is the only thing I am certain of in an instant.”

He glances at her the moment the traffic light’s flashes red, his eyes filled with love and adoration he has for her and only her. “You’re making me love you more, if that was even possible.” He plants a gentle kiss on her palm, creating a tingling sensation in her stomach. A decade of feeling the butterflies in her stomach caused by none other than, her first love which is also her current love, Barry.

“You know, we better stop being this cheesy if we still want to pick up the foods we reserved on time.” She giggles.

After they have picked up the foods, they went straight to their main destination for today. They are gonna be having a picnic and also a camping in Barry’s land. Yes, his. He bought a land in Khao Yai aside from the villa, saying that he plans to build a rest house here. It is just an hour or two drive away from Bangkok, so this is definitely the best place to hide from the limelight, even just for a moment. A moment for them to create memories they don’t wanna share with the world, something that they prefer to keep just between the two of them.

“Hey! Babe! Will you please slow down?” She complains, making him look back at her. “What? Why? We should set this up fast.” He replies, completely clueless about the state she’s currently in.