𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿

A vote is appreciated as it will help with the growth of this book!

__

Ellie smiled as Y/n sat in front of her, admiring each other's face details. Ellie could feel her heart beat quicken, Y/n was the only one who could do this to her; not even the sickening infected can increase her heart rate like this.

Y/n reached out for Ellie's face, her palm as cold as ice. To Ellie, Y/n's presence was enough warmth to make her feel comfort. Her forest green eyes stuck on Y/n as she continues to take in her beauty.

While Ellie was love struck, Y/n was broken

"Ellie, you have to let go." Y/n's voice was soft, she spoke gently.

"What do you mean, babe?" Ellie questioned, unaware of Y/n's current state as she was locked in a haze.

"It's been a year,"

"A year since what, Y/n?"

"A year since I died." Y/n croaked as she frowned at the thought.

Ellie looked at her strangely, and that caused Y/n to let go of her delicate face.

"You're here with me what do you mean?"

"That's because I still linger in your mind,"  Y/n answered with despair.

"You have to let go." Y/n repeated again.

That's when Ellie was hit with the hard truth.
Y/n died last year; a group of merciless bitches killed her. Tears started to fall as Ellie reminisce about the past. Ellie closed her eyes for a moment, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"I know it's hard, but you'll find someone who will show you the love I failed to give you. I love you." Y/n stated with that gentle voice of hers one last time.

As Ellie opened her eyes, Y/n was no longer in front of her. A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts, but she didn't bother to open it.

"Ellie?" Joel's voice was heard from behind.

Due to Joel's concern, he lets himself in. There he saw Ellie, fragile and broken to pieces. Joel rushed to her side and gave her a comforting embrace. Ellie couldn't do anything but breakdown even more.

"She's gone..."