𝗜𝗻𝗷𝘂𝗿𝘆

A vote is appreciated as it will help with the growth of this book!

__

Y/n and Dina were on patrol, clearing out an area that could potentially have infected. Dina was cautious, while Y/n wandered around carelessly.

"Why didn't Ellie accompany you? You two are always paired together for patrols." Dina asks, knowing that if Ellie was there Y/n wouldn't be so inattentive.

"I let her sleep in for once, she's tired." Y/n replies, heading towards an abandoned bus.

Dina raises her brows, wondering how a bus got in the area they were in.

"How did a bus get in the middle of the woods?" Dina questions as she observes the upcoming abandoned bus.

"I don't know, wild driver? Well, it looks like a good hideout so I'm going to check it out!" Y/n quickly says as she sprints towards the bus.

The bus crashed in one of the tress, but other than that it still looked somehow good. Dina had a bad feeling, but it seems to be quiet.

As Y/n entered the bus, she notices a backpack that was near the driver's seat. She walks towards it, not noticing the infected that was hiding in one of the seats.

The infected lunged itself to Y/n, trying it's best to get it's teeth to her head. The beast had one of it's leg cut off which is probably why it stayed on the seat.

"DINA!" Y/n shouts at the top of her lungs, struggling to keep the infected away from her.

"COMING!" Dina replies as she quickly runs to the bus.

Y/n tries to get her gun, but it gave the infected an advantage when it came to strength. It cornered her near a window, a shattered one. Y/n screams in pain as the glass shards dig through her back. The glass gets deeper as the infected pins Y/n down harder, her head popping out of the window.

Dina concentrates as she tries to aim for the head. She successfully shot it, getting blood on Y/n's face. Y/n shoved it off, but struggled to stand. Dina noticed this and went in to help her.

"Oh fuck, the glass went deep inside your back. We need to head back." Dina explains as she helps Y/n walk towards their horses.

However, Y/n stayed silent. She didn't have the power to speak. All she could think of was how Ellie was going to act.

__

Y/n was quickly treated, and Dina stayed with her throughout.

"Ellie's going to lose her shit when she finds out." Dina reminds Y/n as they head towards her place.

"I know, just keep it a secret." Y/n practically begs.

"Fine, but she'll find out eventually."

Coincidentally, Ellie approached them as she was also on her way to Y/n's place. Ellie wraps her arms around Y/n, making her flinch a little due to the injury on her back. Dina awkwardly looks away, not wanting to witness Ellie's rampage when she finds out.

"You're back! You didn't wake me up?" Ellie asks Y/n as they continued to walk.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you." Y/n tries to answer normally without making it obvious that she was in pain.

"You two go, I have to meet Jesse." Dina states before heading in a different direction.

Ellie looks at Y/n weirdly as she's was walking slower and differently as usual. She kept her mouth shut until they arrived, not wanting to cause a scene.

"So, will you mind telling me why you're walking so weirdly?" Ellie asks as she closes the front door.

"What do you mean?"

"You're limping." Ellie points out.

Y/n could feel herself growing nervous as she tries to find an excuse.

"Tired from running?" Y/n answers which sounded more like a question.

Ellie's face was blank for awhile, but it turned sour as she thought of a horrible scenario.

"Did you and Dina–"

"NO– fuck." Y/n quickly answers, but swore as she felt the pain still kicking in.

Her hand instinctively went to touch the area that was hurting. Ellie, being the curious girl she is, swiftly went behind Y/n and lifted her shirt a little.

That's when Ellie saw that she was bandaged around her back. Y/n stood still, mentally scolding herself for not acting quick enough to stop Ellie. Ellie took a deep breath and gently turned Y/n around to face her.

"Tell me what happened. Now." Ellie sternly commands.

Y/n knew that she couldn't escape this situation anymore. She told her everything, not leaving out a single detail.

After hearing about Y/n's story, Ellie pinched the bridge of her nose out of frustration. She couldn't believe that Y/n was that careless, especially in a world full of infected.

"Do you know how reckless that was? Going in an abandoned bus by yourself! Are you forgetting that going out is dangerous, Y/n?" Ellie raises her voice as she begins to scold Y/n for her actions.

"You were absent-minded now look at you, you could've been hurt even worse," Ellie continues to speak her mind out of anger.

Y/n was quiet, a little upset that she had caused Ellie to feel that way. Ellie noticed this and let out a shaky breath, she couldn't stay mad at her for long.

"I'm sorry that I lashed out like that," Ellie apologizes, her voice softer this time.

"I just care a lot about you." Ellie finishes as she helps Y/n sit down.

"I deserved it." Y/n retorts back with disappointment.

Ellie kisses the top of her head and fixes her h/c locks a little.

"Next time, wake me up when I sleep in. It should always be me who's going out with you during patrol." Ellie instructs Y/n as she gives her another peck on her head.

Requested by: Mirelle1002